DescriptionFighting games allow players to engage in melee arena combat. Usually one-on-one, but team fighting games also exist. Fights continue until one of the characters or teams is knocked out. Additional endings may include being forced out of the arena/ring or a time limit. Fighting games should not be confused with Beat ‘em Ups / Brawlers which feature more overwhelming odds in the form of many less powerful antagonists.
|Viewing Page 1 of 80||(items 1-25 of 1980)||Next|
2001 Alien Combat is a one-on-one beat 'em up game. The player controls a blue humanoid and must defeat alien...
Atari 2600 (1988)
This was a cart that was released in PAL format in Europe, Australia and New Zealand. Most were the pack...
3 Foot Ninja is a game where the player needs to fight and defeat his enemies and collect all the...
Nintendo 64 (1997)
64 Ōzumō is a sumo wrestling game. As in the original sport, goal of the relatively short matches (measured in...
Abalaburn is a 3D fighting game from Tamsoft, makers of the Toshinden franchise. A group of warriors have gathered to...
Abobo's Big Adventure is a parody tribute to well-known and loved games of the NES era. Players control Abobo, an...
In Achilles, the player takes control of the famed Achilles in a side-scrolling hack-and-slash game where the main goal of...
Xbox 360 (2010)
Action Arcade Wrestling is as the title suggests a arcade style wrestling game that allows the player to customize his...
Action Man was originally a popular toy action figure, the U.K.'s version of G.I. Joe, before becoming a more generic...
V.G. is the annual fighting tournament to find the strongest woman, sponsored by the Jahana Group and with a prize...
ZX Spectrum (1986)
A mad professor has kidnapped the President, and the ransom note says he plans to turn him into a war-mongering...
Arrgh! Have you ever wanted to live the life of a pirate? Well here's your chance to jump into this...
The game allows the player to program the artificial intelligence of a robotic insect like war machines called 'Cybugs'. Cybugs...
Alien Challenge is a 2D versus fighting game in which you take control of one of eight eight fallen gods...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 96 SoulCalibur
- 95 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- 94 Tekken 3
- 94 Street Fighter II Turbo
- 93 Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- 93 SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium
- 93 Samurai Shodown II
- 92 Virtua Fighter 2
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.73 Super Fire Pro Wrestling X Premium (1996)
- 4.53 Mortal Kombat X (2015)
- 4.50 Street Fighter X Tekken (2012)
- 4.48 SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium (1999)
- 4.48 Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (2014)
- 4.39 The King of Fighters XIII (2010)
- 4.39 Dragon Ball: Advanced Adventure (2004)
- 4.37 Uncharted: Golden Abyss (2011)
- 4.36 Dark Savior (1996)
- 4.36 Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars (2008)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.
Fighting is part of Gameplay. This group of genres contain:
- Action RPG
- Beat 'em up / Brawler
- Board Game
- Cards / Tiles
- City Building / Construction Simulation
- Dating Simulation
- Falling Block Puzzle
- Game Show / Trivia / Quiz
- Graphic Adventure
- Hack and Slash
- Hidden object
- Interactive Book
- Interactive Fiction / Text Adventure
- Japanese-style Adventure
- Japanese-style RPG (JRPG)
- Life / Social Simulation
- Managerial / Business Simulation
- Martial Arts
- Mental training
- Music / Rhythm
- Paddle / Pong
- Party Game
- Quick Time Events (QTEs)
- Rail Shooter
- RPG Elements
- Sandbox / Open World
- Survival Horror
- Tactical RPG
- Tactical Shooter
- Tile Matching Puzzle
- Timed Input
- Time Management
- Tower Defense
- Trading / Collectible Card
- Tricks / Stunts
- Vehicle Simulator
- Vehicular Combat Simulator
- Virtual World
- Visual Novel
- Word Construction