|Contribution Rating:||43099 (ranked 33rd; 4223 in last year)|
|Member Since||Dec 19, 2002|
|# Messages Posted:||5661|
|Location:||Vitória da Conquista, Brazil|
|MSN Messenger:||pastordatoca @ yahoo.com.br|
|About myself:||My name is Guilherme Chirinéa, but you can call me Gui (as in Guinness).|
My first console was, as for many other 80s' boys in Brazil, an Atari 2600. My first computer was a TK-85 (a Sinclair ZX81 clone), bought a couple of years after the Atari. I still own both of them. From the 80s up to 1995, I was primarily a console gamer (from the Atari 2600 to a NES clone and then to the Mega Drive). Things changed when I bought my fist PC in 1995, a then incredibly new Pentium 75MHz with 8MB of RAM. From then on, I endured PC gaming avidly. In 1999, when I first got in touch with the internet, I've acquired the bad habits of emulation and abandonware. I'm one of those gamers who can see beauty in 8-bit graphics.
MobyGames was a natural consequence of my oldies-craving disease. I started contributing to the site late in 2002 (in a shy way), despite of being around earlier. I just became really addicted to contributing after finishing the university (an idle mind is a devil's workshop), and from then on I've been a MobyZombie.
If things continue the way they are now, my epitaph will probably read:
Here lies < moby user="chirinea">Guilherme Chirinéa< /moby>
- IBM PC / Compatible -- DELL XPS 8300 (CORE i7, 12 GB RAM, ATI Radeon R7 250), running Windows 10
- Sega Genesis -- Tectoy's 2017 release
- Sega Genesis -- Mega Drive II, Tectoy release
- Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) -- CCE Top Game VG-9000 (Brazilian NES Clone)
- Sega Master System -- Tectoy's Master System II with Alex Kid in Miracle World bundled
- Atari 2600 -- Working in BW mode only - my first console.