|Contribution Rating:||583 (ranked 494th; 4 in last year)|
|Member Since||Feb 02, 2003|
|# Messages Posted:||none|
|About myself:||I've been playing PC games since my college years in the early '80's (that sort of dates me, doesn't it? ;) and I was a fan of coin-op arcade games long before that. I'm old enough to remember playing some of the earliest coin-op games such as "Pong", "Tank War" and "Biplane".|
Most of the games that I've played on personal computers were on Intel-based machines but I also have fond memories of several Commodore 64 and even some Apple ][ games. I like most genres but my least favorites, if I had to pick, are stats-only sports games and war games. I'm a big flight sim buff. I collect games as much as play them and have titles going all the way back to the early '80's. I've actually finished maybe 2% of the games in my prodigious collection. If I never bought another game or PC again, I'd probably have enough to keep me playing well into my retirement.
Computers are a profession as well as a hobby. I'm a computer programmer by profession, but I don't write computer games (unfortunately). I did write a shareware "Battleship" program called "Sea Hunt", back in the early '80's - perhaps you've seen it?
When I'm not sitting in front of a computer (which is rare) I'm usually busy being a husband/father to my wife and daughter, respectively. Other than that, I enjoy collecting and watching movies (VHS and DVD), reading and building models/miniatures.
All Time Favorite
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (Deluxe Edition) -- Just keeps getting better, don't it? But have a bleeding-edge PC for this one!
- Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight -- Some classic planes in the virtual inventory
- Dungeon Keeper 2 -- Being evil has never been so much fun!
- Mafia -- A really good interactive gangster movie
- Raid on Bungeling Bay -- One of the coolest, most addictive games ever!
- Space Taxi -- Another one that I just couldn't stop playing
- BioShock -- Great graphics and creepy atmosphere
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (Deluxe Edition) -- Whenever I feel like going for a little flight.