Weekend Promo: Up to 75% off Rollercoaster Tycoon, Leisure Suit Larry and more at GOG!

Infinity Ward, Inc.

Overview

Infinity Ward is a development studio based in the USA and founded by Grant Collier in 2001. The company has exclusively worked on the Call of Duty series - a line of warfare games. A part of the development team was originally responsible for the Medal of Honor series. Initially focused on PC titles, the series branched out to consoles with the release of Call of Duty 2 for the Xbox 360 in 2005.

The studio is owned by Activision. In 2002 it acquired a 30% equity, and the remaining 70% was acquired in 2003.

In the Spring of 2010 a substantial amount of people left the company. It started as a conflict between Infinity Ward managers Vince Zampella and Jason West, and publisher Activision, over royalties for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. Both Zampella and West left the company, forming the development studio Respawn Entertainment. Other developers left as well, including lead designers Steve Fukuda and Zied Reike, programmer Rayme Vinson, lead artist Chris Cherubini and senior animator Bruce Ferris. In late April 2010 more developers were confirmed to have left the studio for Respawn: Mackey McCandlish, Jon Shiring, Todd Alderman, Rayme Vinson, Chris Cherubini, Mark Grisby and John Paul Messerly.

Games

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare(2014)
Call of Duty: Ghosts (Prestige Edition)(2013)
Call of Duty: Ghosts(2013)
Call of Duty: Ghosts(2013)
Call of Duty: MW3(2011)
Call of Duty: MW3 (Hardened Edition)(2011)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Hardened Edition)(2009)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2(2009)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Prestige Edition)(2009)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Kollekzionnoe izdanie)(2009)
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Game of the Year Edition(2008)
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare(2007)
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (Limited Collector's Edition)(2007)
Call of Duty 2: Game of the Year Edition(2006)
Call of Duty 2(2005)
Call of Duty 2 (Collector's Edition)(2005)
Call of Duty: Game of the Year Edition(2004)
Call of Duty(2003)

Trivia

Infinity Ward was named as "Best Developer of 2007" by the gaming website GameSpy.

Related Web Sites