Developer BIOAndrew worked at Marconi in Chelmsford, where he was a trainee programmer in the computer centre. Using CMS, CICS and Cobol, but few assemblers, he worked with a suite of IBMs. After four years he had become a trainee analyst and programmer. He had always written computer games in his spare time, using Cobol to throw up games rather than text on the firm’s computers.
After two years at this job, his Dad bought Andrew a ZX81, and he began to dabble in Basic. Andrew bought himself a Dragon 32 which he found preferable with its better keyboard and colours to play with. He saw Steve Turner’s work and became interested in it. He began to try to collate his ideas on the Dragon to see what could be achieved. Three months later, Steve Turner invited him to come work with him. In the early days, Andrew focused on the Dragon platform and mainly programming, while Steve programmed for the Spectrum and also did graphics.
Andrew Braybrook loved programing for Amiga and the C64, but after the fall of Commodore and the rise of the PC, he didn't want to work on the PC. He kept working on games with Steve until 1996 and then quit to join an insurance company.
Edit Bio | View History
Also Known As
- Andrew Graybrook
- A. Braybrook
There are no related websites on file for this developer. If you know of any related websites for the person, please consider contributing them.Add Website
- Bubble Bobble also featuring Rainbow Islands (1996), Acclaim Entertainment, Inc.
- Lollypop (1995), Softgold Computerspiele GmbH
- Virocop (1995), Renegade Software, Time Warner Interactive Ltd.
- Empire Soccer 94 (1994), Empire Software
- Uridium 2 (1993), Renegade Software
- Fire & Ice (1992), Renegade Software
- Realms (1992), Virgin Games, Inc.
- Ivan 'Ironman' Stewart's Super Off Road (1990), Virgin Mastertronic Ltd.
- Paradroid 90 (1990), Hewson Consultants Ltd.
- Rainbow Islands (1990), Ocean Software Ltd.
- Simulcra (1990), MicroStyle
- Intensity (1988), Firebird Software Ltd.
- Magnetron (1988), Firebird Software Ltd.
- Alleykat (1986), Hewson Consultants Ltd.
- Quazatron (1986), Hewson Consultants Ltd.
- Uridium (1986), Hewson Consultants Ltd.
- Gribbly's Day Out (1985), Hewson Consultants Ltd.
- Paradroid (1985), Thunder Mountain
- 3D Lunattack (1984), Hewson Consultants Ltd.
- 3D Seiddab Attack (1984), Hewson Consultants Ltd.
- 3D Space Wars (1983), Hewson Consultants Ltd.