Erich Schaefer's most recent endeavor is with Runic Games
where he has worked as a Designer since Aug. 2008.
Prior to Runic, he founded Flagship Studios
in 2003, and served as Vice President for Blizzard North
where he was jointly responsible for all aspects of running that division. As a Director of Blizzard Entertainment
for over seven years, he was influential in most creative and business aspects of the company.
Erich was a Project Lead, Design Lead and Art Director on Diablo
and Diablo II
. He was the sole environment artist on the original Diablo, as well as the interface artist for both Diablo and Diablo II. Erich also played an important role in the design of the structure and interface for Blizzard’s free online gaming service, Battle.net.
In September of 1993, Erich Schaefer founded Condor, Inc.
, along with his brother Max Schaefer
and friend David Brevik
. Condor was renamed Blizzard North when the company was acquired by the owners of Blizzard Entertainment in June of 1996. Erich’s other projects in the early days of Condor, Inc. included positions as Art and Design Lead on Justice League Task Force
and Quarterback Club Football
Erich is a fan of obscure action, sci-fi and horror films from all corners of the globe and can usually be found watching one while obsessing over his current game of choice.
Also Known As
- Eric Schaefer
- Eric Shaefer
- Diablo III (2012), Blizzard Entertainment Inc.
- Torchlight (2009), Runic Games, Inc.
- Hellgate: London (2007), Namco Bandai Games America Inc.
- Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos (2002), Blizzard Entertainment Inc.
- Madden NFL 2002 (2001), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- Diablo II (2000), Blizzard Entertainment Inc.
- Diablo II (Collector's Edition) (2000), Blizzard Entertainment Inc.
- Diablo (1996), Blizzard Entertainment Inc.
- Justice League Task Force (1995), Acclaim Entertainment, Inc.
- Gordo 106 (1991), Atari Corporation