Chris Green is a programmer who made significant contributions to the development of 3D in games. Starting at subLOGIC
in 1985, Chris worked on Flight Simulator II
for the Amiga. He then moved on to Lerner Research
where he wrote the graphics engine used in Car & Driver
and Ultima Underworld
. This engine featured an early (and perhaps the first) use of texture mapping in a game. Chris later worked for Commodore
and Bethesda Softworks
before co-founding Leaping Lizard
, a developer of titles including Magic: The Gathering Online
. In 2007, he works on graphics technology for Valve
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (2012), Valve Corporation
- Portal 2 (2011), Valve Corporation
- Alien Swarm (2010), Valve Corporation
- Left 4 Dead 2 (2009), Valve Corporation
- Left 4 Dead (2008), Valve Corporation
- Portal: Still Alive (2008), Valve Corporation
- Half-Life 2: Episode Two (2007), Buka Entertainment
- The Orange Box (2007), Valve Corporation
- Portal (2007), Buka Entertainment
- Dark Messiah: Might and Magic (2006), Ubisoft, Inc.
- Half-Life 2: Episode One (2006), Valve Corporation
- Trainz Railroad Simulator 2006 (2005), Blue Sky Interactive
- Half-Life 2 (2004), Valve Corporation
- Magic: The Gathering Online (2002), Wizards of the Coast, Inc.
- Centipede (1998), Hasbro Interactive, Inc.
- Descent (1994), Interplay Productions, Inc.
- The Elder Scrolls: Arena (1994), Bethesda Softworks LLC
- Car and Driver (1992), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- Ultima Underworld: The Stygian Abyss (1992), ORIGIN Systems, Inc.
- Jet (1988), subLOGIC
- Flight Simulator II (1987), subLOGIC