Brian Moriarty (born 1956) is an American video game designer. He was the author of three Infocom interactive fiction titles: Wishbringer
(1986) and Beyond Zork: The Coconut of Quendor
One of his best-known works is the graphic adventure Loom
(1990). He also worked with Ron Cobb
on Loadstar: The Legend of Tully Bodine
(1994). He participated in the creation of an early version of the graphic adventure The Dig
(1995). That version was eventually canceled, but some of its features made it into the game's final release.
Moriarty is Professor of Interactive Media and Game Development at Worcester Polytechnic Institute.
- Soul Trapper: Episode 1 - Ollie Ollie Oxen Free! (2009), Realtime Associates, Inc.
- Braid (2008), Microsoft Game Studios
- Catz (2006), Ubisoft Entertainment SA
- Dogz (2006), Ubisoft Entertainment SA
- The Dig (1995), Softgold Computerspiele GmbH
- Loadstar: The Legend of Tully Bodine (1994), Rocket Science Games, Inc.
- Return to Zork (1993), Activision, Inc.
- Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (1992), Lucasfilm Games LLC
- Loom (1990), Lucasfilm Games LLC
- Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade: The Graphic Adventure (1989), Lucasfilm Games LLC
- Beyond Zork: The Coconut of Quendor (1987), Infocom, Inc.
- Trinity (1986), Infocom, Inc.
- Wishbringer (1985), Infocom, Inc.
- Crash Dive! (1984), A.N.A.L.O.G. Computing
- Adventure in the Fifth Dimension (1983), A.N.A.L.O.G. Computing