Developer BIOYoko Shimomura graduated from university planning on being a music teacher. Her interest in video games took her interest away from this career when she sent in some music to a few video game companies. Eventually Capcom would be interested in her work and interviewed her. She eventually got working on games in the Street Fighter series. She was part of the crew that developed Breath of Fire, this sparked interest from Square to hire her into their music composing group. She then decided to leave Capcom to join Square. Here, she would compose games like Live A Live and Super Mario RPG, as well as games like Parasite Eye and Kingdom Hearts.
Today, she is a freelance musician, but she mostly works on series of games that she has composed in the past, such as the Mario and Luigi series of games (it is a spiritual sequel of Mario RPG), and the Kingdom Hearts series of games.
- Wikipedia: Yoko Shimomura) -- Information about Yoko Shimomura at Wikipedia
- Yoko Shimomura profile) -- on the Square Enix People Database.
- The Midi Shrine: Yoko Shimomura) -- Information about Yoko Shimomura at The Midi Shrine
- Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep (2010), Square Enix Co., Ltd.
- Radiant Historia (2010), Atlus Co., Ltd.
- Xenoblade Chronicles (2010), Nintendo Co., Ltd.
- Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (2009), Square Enix Co., Ltd.
- Little King's Story (2009), Rising Star Games Ltd.
- Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story (2009), Nintendo Co., Ltd.
- Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories (2008), Disney Interactive Studios, Square Enix, Inc.
- Super Smash Bros.: Brawl (2008), Nintendo Co., Ltd.
- Heroes of Mana (2007), Square Enix Co., Ltd.
- Monster Kingdom: Jewel Summoner (2006), Sony Computer Entertainment Incorporated
- Kingdom Hearts II (2005), Square Enix Co., Ltd.
- Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time (2005), Nintendo of America Inc.
- Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories (2004), Square Enix Co., Ltd.
- Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (2003), Nintendo of America Inc.
- Kingdom Hearts (2002), Square Electronic Arts L.L.C.
- Legend of Mana (1999), Square Co., Ltd.
- Parasite Eve II (1999), Square Co., Ltd.
- Parasite Eve (1998), Square Co., Ltd.
- Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (1996), Nintendo of America Inc.
- Tobal No.1 (1996), Square Co., Ltd.
- Front Mission (1995), Square Co., Ltd.
- Live a Live (1994), Square Co., Ltd.
- Breath of Fire (1993), Capcom Co., Ltd.
- Street Fighter II (1992), Capcom Co., Ltd.
- Pang (1991), Hudson Soft Company, Ltd.