Éric Chahi started programming on Oric Atmos and Amstrad during 1983 for the company Loriciels
. He then confirmed his talents on platforms such as Atari ST and Amiga with games such as Jeanne d'Arc
and Voyage au Centre de la Terre
. published by Chip
In 1989 Chahi quit Chip to join Delphine Software
to work on the graphics for Future Wars: Adventures in Time
, a game designed by Paul Cuisset
. Chahi then developed Another World
almost entirely on his own, from the story to the box cover; later it received much critical acclaim for its atmosphere and minimalism.
After leaving Delphine, Chahi founded Amazing Studio
and became one of several designers that were working there on Heart of Darkness
For the 15th anniversary of Out of This World
the game was remade with a modern graphical style and it was also released for mobile platforms. In 2011 he worked with Ubisoft
to create the god game From Dust
Also Known As
- Deadlight (2012), Microsoft Studios
- Thomas Was Alone (2012),
- From Dust (2011), Ubisoft Entertainment SA
- Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP (2011), Capybara Games Inc.
- Nervous Brickdown (2007), Secret Stash Games
- Between Heaven and Hell (2006), MadGames
- Amiga Classix 4 (2004), magnussoft Deutschland GmbH
- Heart of Darkness (1998), Ocean Software Ltd.
- Heart of the Alien: Out of this World parts I and II (1994), Virgin Interactive Entertainment, Inc.
- Out of This World (1991), Interplay Productions, Inc.
- Future Wars: Adventures in Time (1989), Palace Software, Ltd.
- Nil Dieu Vivant (1989), Chip
- Infernal Runner (1985), Loriciels
- Doggy (1984), Loriciels