Mike O'Brien was a company director of Blizzard
, where he worked for four and one-half years. He was most recently the team lead and lead programmer of Warcraft III
, and personally developed the game's 3D rendering engine. Mike was the original creator and architect of Battle.net and was lead programmer on that project. He was also a senior programmer on StarCraft
, as well as the author of the network code for both games, and was a programmer on Warcraft II
. Mike was featured as one of the 25 most influential people in the game industry in PC Gamer's September 1999 cover story, "Game Gods."
In March, 2000, he founded ArenaNet
with Pat Wyatt
and Jeff Strain
. He now works as a programmer for the company.Source: ArenaNet official company homepage
There are no related websites on file for this developer. If you know of any related websites for the person, please consider contributing them.
- Diablo III (2012), Blizzard Entertainment Inc.
- Guild Wars: Eye of the North (2007), NCsoft Europe Ltd.
- Guild Wars: Factions (2006), NCsoft Europe Ltd.
- Guild Wars: Nightfall (2006), NCsoft Europe Ltd.
- Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (Special Edition) (2005), Rockstar Games, Inc.
- Iron Phoenix (2005), SEGA of America, Inc.
- Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (2004), Rockstar Games, Inc.
- Championship Manager 4 (2003), Eidos Interactive Ltd.
- Tony Hawk's Underground (2003), Activision Publishing, Inc.
- Disney's Stitch: Experiment 626 (2002), Buena Vista Games, Inc.
- Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos (2002), Blizzard Entertainment Inc.
- Disney's Pooh's Party Game: In Search of the Treasure (2001), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- Diablo II (2000), Blizzard Entertainment Inc.
- Diablo II (Collector's Edition) (2000), Blizzard Entertainment Inc.
- Dr. Brain Thinking Games: IQ Adventure (1999), Knowledge Adventure, Inc.
- StarCraft (1998), Blizzard Entertainment Inc.
- StarCraft: Brood War (1998), Blizzard Entertainment Inc.
- StarCraft (Demo Version) (1998), Blizzard Entertainment Inc.
- Diablo (1996), Blizzard Entertainment Inc.
- The Roberta Williams Anthology (1996), Sierra On-Line, Inc.
- Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness (1995), Blizzard Entertainment Europe
- Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness (Demo Version) (1995), Blizzard Entertainment Inc.