🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > MobyGames > Biographies for game character

Flapco (46055) on 8/19/2015 7:42 PM · Permalink · Report

Maybe this has been asked before but why are there biographies for developers and all other people that worked on a game and not for game character of the great franchises like Mario, Luigi, Sonic, Dr Eggeman, Pacman, Rayman, Globox and more?

Pseudo_Intellectual (66362) on 8/20/2015 6:02 AM · Permalink · Report

I think we have Wikias for that.

Gino Saturated on 8/25/2015 11:45 PM · Permalink · Report

Wiki's I guess.

vedder (70822) on 8/20/2015 8:40 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Flapco wrote--]Maybe this has been asked before but why are there biographies for developers and all other people that worked on a game and not for game character of the great franchises like Mario, Luigi, Sonic, Dr Eggeman, Pacman, Rayman, Globox and more? [/Q --end Flapco wrote--]

You can edit the descriptions of game groups for those franchises. But we usually only have a group for the main character.

Rola (8483) on 8/20/2015 9:15 AM · Permalink · Report

As in "history of creation & development" or "in-universe story/biography"?

Apart from extreme "fanboyism" of the latter (and the resulting schisms in the fanbase almost rivaling those of religious sects), think how the next licensed product can drastically change your favorite character... So next time Mario kisses the princess it can turn out she's his sister... and the Force is strong with her, too. ;)

Flapco (46055) on 8/20/2015 8:00 PM · Permalink · Report

History of creation & development and a list of titles they appeared in. Credited as for example:

• Main character playable;
  • Supporting character playable;
  • Multiplayer character;
  • Supporting character non playable/Appeared;
  • Mentioned (maybe).

Donatello (466) on 8/21/2015 1:39 AM · Permalink · Report

I presume you mean something similar to GiantBomb's extensive tag system. I actually agree with it somewhat, but the problem is that in current shape and form, MobyGames lacks the necessary framework to deal with this. I mean, we have game groups in place of genres, for crying out loud!