Forums > MobyGames > Best emulator settings for screenshots for each platform?

KnockStump (998) on 10/3/2015 4:58 AM · Permalink · Report

Is there a thread/page somewhere that list the emulator.settings for screenshots?

I asked about Apple II settings a while back and there was lots of discussion, but no real consensus. http://www.mobygames.com/forums/dga,2/dgb,4/dgm,206978/

It would be useful if there was a page somewhere with the best settings. I have no desire to take the time to contribute but then have my screenshots rejected :)

chirinea (47496) on 10/3/2015 7:54 PM · Permalink · Report

The closest thing we have to that is this resolution table. But yeah, I wish we had a "tutorials" section here.

Trypticon (11024) on 10/4/2015 2:33 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

You are generally supposed to take screenshots in the native resolution without any filters or distorting aspect correction applied. This is a bit different with the Apple II platform, it's recommended to use AppleWin NTSC (with the TV setting). There was also a thread here regarding an Alpha of regular AppleWin which started to integrate the video code. Crop to 560x384. The resolution table is outdated and incomplete, it's better if you ask here before you submit something you aren't sure of, or take test shots and ask directly in the submission comments if they're ok.

vileyn0id_8088 (21040) on 10/7/2015 7:58 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Trypticon wrote--]There was also a thread here regarding an Alpha of regular AppleWin which started to integrate the video code.[/Q --end Trypticon wrote--] Yep. More info here, but this build actually improves on AppleWin-NTSC (cleaner output; screenshot key actually works) so it should be preferable.

There are some sample screenshots at the link; I've already submitted several others taken this way, and they were approved. So KnockStump, feel free to have at it (as I've already said, the Apple II does need more love here...)