☕ Drink your coffee or tea with your very own MobyGames mug

Forums > MobyGames > New companies

Sciere (930912) on 7/27/2007 8:24 PM · Permalink · Report

Corn Popper just approved the almost entire pending new companies queue, so if you ever had a release info item corrected by me or someone else, and the correction didn't completely show because the new company was still pending, all of those have now been fixed.

Shoddyan (15004) on 7/29/2007 12:27 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Sciere wrote--]Corn Popper just approved the almost entire pending new companies queue, so if you ever had a release info item corrected by me or someone else, and the correction didn't completely show because the new company was still pending, all of those have now been fixed. [/Q --end Sciere wrote--]

I thought that was strange... that suddenly I was showing companies approved while the game that featured the company was still pending (in the normal course of events, approvers OK the company when doing a game entry)

Xoleras (66141) on 7/29/2007 2:50 PM · Permalink · Report

Yes, it is done automatically when approving a release info, well, at least if there is a release info.

No one forces you to use the newly added company in a release info right away. You may add it for other reasons, say you know a history event or trivia item for a valid game company, you could go ahead and add the company directly. It gets approved and you can contribute whatever you wanted.

I used this a year ago to add a bunch of Nintendo distributors, one was the former Greek one. Well, a year later I can finally add the trivia item.^^ On the other hand, the other company Rob recently approved for me, I have no idea why I've added it in the first place (that was a year ago too).