🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Talk > Featured Game Discussion

Depeche Mike (17455) on 9/9/2006 1:23 PM · Permalink · Report

Thanks for featuring Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project. I was so sad to see the game not perform as well because it truly was, in my opinion, one of the best playing 3d/2d conversions. I tend to have a couple of copies that I give out on birhtdays because the game seems to be so under-appreciated and that my friends won't buy it for themselves. There's a few of these "budget games" that I often see at Eb and watch people scouring for games and pass over them. If only they knew how awesome they were. The other examples that come to mind are "Second Sight" and "Beyond Good and Evil"

Foxhack (32100) on 9/9/2006 11:33 PM · Permalink · Report

Somewhat related, I seem to have stumbled upon a bug on the site thanks to Duke!

Guess Gamespy really liked the game. :P

Luis Silva (13443) on 9/10/2006 12:38 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

I really like the game, perhaps even more than Duke 3D. Other than what I've already mentioned, I'd just add that the final levels are way too difficult when compared to the previous levels. It's just too steep for anyone who just wants to have some fun.

For all that matters, I absolutely love the game. Too bad nobody takes a hint and makes a remake of Hunter Hunted.

And that doesn't seem a bug, but a subsmission that has star rating instead of numeric.

Matt Neuteboom (976) on 9/10/2006 3:22 AM · Permalink · Report

[q]Guess Gamespy really liked the game. :P[/q]

The rating should be in a number system, it just got entered as a star system. 83 out of 100 stars is a lot to count though, isn't it. Anyway i've already submitted a correction ticket for it.

Foxhack (32100) on 9/10/2006 3:51 AM · Permalink · Report

I think the game's cursed. You quoted -me- but instead said that Luis said it. :P

switches back to his normal Username...

Depeche Mike (17455) on 9/12/2006 2:12 AM · Permalink · Report

I wanted to see Commander Keen with this engine...

nullnullnull (1463) on 9/14/2006 4:46 AM · Permalink · Report

discussion threads for polls and featured games are all "in the works"