🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > Title

vileyn0id_8088 (21040) on 9/22/2016 8:28 PM · Permalink · Report

This was originally a shareware Amiga game by the Czech demo group HMC - two of the authors created the DOS version later on (according to the credits). Just submitted the Amiga platform for approval.

The only issue is with the title... the Amiga version is titled "Dune 3, or Achtung! Die Kurve..." on the intro screen (yeah, it has a bit of a Dune premise tacked on). The credits screen has just "Achtung! Die Kurve...", and it's also referred to as just "Dune 3" in the files. So, what to do with such an assortment of titles?

Since the Amiga version was the original, I suggest "Dune 3: Achtung! Die Kurve..." as the main title. Then the alternates would be "Achtung, die Kurve!" (abbreviated / DOS title) and "Dune 3" (abbreviated Amiga title). Makes sense?

vileyn0id_8088 (21040) on 9/27/2016 5:24 PM · Permalink · Report

...now that the Amiga version is here, any input?

Rwolf (22827) on 9/27/2016 8:19 PM · Permalink · Report

There seems to be plenty variations of the name listed at the Wikipedia page. I guess a few AKA titles would be useful, like the 'Zatacka'?

vileyn0id_8088 (21040) on 9/29/2016 5:21 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Rwolf wrote--]There seems to be plenty variations of the name listed at the Wikipedia page. I guess a few AKA titles would be useful, like the 'Zatacka'? [/Q --end Rwolf wrote--] 'Zatacka' comes from the name of the DOS executable I guess, so yeah that may fit as an AKA.

These are no problem to submit, but the point is that the main title of the game should probably be changed to reflect the Amiga original.