Description1503 A.D.: The New World is, like its predecessor, a 2D-strategy game where the player colonizes a new world. The first important part is the constructing of several buildings which are used for different means, e.g. residences or plant facilities. There he needs to ensure a logical arrangement to reach short production cycles and the population's satisfaction. With preceding time there demands grow which force the player to expand and build more respectively more effective buildings.
As the game knows 46 resources it is unlikely that the player finds all on one island. This also results in the need of expansion which may be against the interests of the up to three AI opponents or one of the nine neutral factions. These problems can be resolved with trading or military action. The latter is still a small part of the gameplay but is noticeable more complex than in 1602 A.D., now the player has a few formation and behaviour orders to his disposal and the 14 military units gain experience. Other innovations are a research function where the player works on upgrades, four new climates and more production cycles.
Besides the free playing mode with randomly generated islands the game also features ten scenarios and, also new, a campaign with twelve missions.
There are no promo images for this game
- "公元1503：新世界" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Gongyuan 1503: Xin Shijie" -- Chinese title
- "Anno 1503: העולם החדש" -- Hebrew spelling
- "Anno 1503: The New World" -- UK title
- "Anno 1503: Nowy Swiat" -- Polish title
- "Anno 1503: Le Nouveau Monde" -- French title
- "Anno 1503: Il Nuovo Mondo" -- Italian title
- "Anno 1503: El Nuevo Mundo " -- Spanish title
- "Anno 1503: De Nieuwe Wereld" -- Dutch title
- "Anno 1503" -- German title
Part of the Following Group
|GameStar (Germany)||Nov, 2002||87 out of 100||87|
|GBase - The Gamer's Base||Mar 06, 2005||8.5 out of 10||85|
|PC Powerplay||Nov, 2005||83 out of 100||83|
|Gamezone (Germany)||Oct 28, 2002||8.2 out of 10||82|
|ActionTrip||Apr 22, 2003||82 out of 100||82|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Apr 07, 2003||16 out of 20||80|
|Game Informer Magazine||Apr, 2003||7.5 out of 10||75|
|Play.tm||Jun 30, 2003||74 out of 100||74|
|GameSpy||Apr 16, 2003||72 out of 100||72|
|Withingames||Nov 30, 2002||3 out of 5||60|
There are currently no topics for this game.
MultiplayerWhen Anno 1503 was released, there was no multiplayer-mode included - officially... In fact, they placed a file in their /data directory which enables it. The mode was not finished. It lacked a lot of features, balancing and so on. But they wanted to get some feedback from their fans without starting an official beta test. So they hoped a small group of people found out and offered feedback.
Source CodeThe Anno 1503 source code is about 400,000 lines long - almost everything coded by just two coders. And the graphician, Ulli Koller, has studied architecture - thus the very detailed buildings.
- 2002– Biggest Disappointment of the Year
- German VUD (Verband der Unterhaltungssoftware Deutschland - Entertainment Software Association Germany)
- 2002 - Gold Award for selling more than 100.000 units in Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- 2002 - Platinum Award for selling more than 200.000 units in Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- 2004 - Special Award for selling more than 500.000 units in Germany, Austria and Switzerland
Related Web Sites
- Ann0 1503 Stadtanzeiger (German fansite )
- Anno 1503 (Game page on the series' official website (German))
- ANNO 1503 (official website (archived))
- AnnoWiki 1503 (German wiki with general information and hints)