DescriptionThe sequel to 1942, which is still a vertically scrolling shooter, has the player once again fighting over the clouds during the second world war, this time in an intense battle just off the coast of Midway islands.
Updates to the gameplay include an energy bar, which can be run down by either being hit from incoming fire or using a special weapon. The energy bar can be replenished by picking up power-ups, while special weapons (lightning, cyclones and waves) can knock down all fighters on the screen at the time.
There are no promo images for this game
- "1943 ミッドウェイ海戦" -- Japanese spelling
- "1943: The Battle of Valhalla" -- Japanese NES title
- "1943: Midway Kaisen" -- Japanese title
Part of the Following Groups
- 194x series
- Aircraft: P-38 Lightning
- Genre: Scrolling shoot 'em up
- Historical conflict: World War II
|Basic but addictive.||NES||RussS (782)|
|Video Game Den||NES||Dec 14, 2011||80|
|The Video Game Critic||NES||Oct 24, 2000||B||75|
|Your Sinclair||ZX Spectrum||Oct, 1988||7 out of 10||70|
|Sinclair User||ZX Spectrum||Oct, 1988||68 out of 100||68|
|Computer and Video Games (CVG)||ZX Spectrum||Oct, 1988||6 out of 10||60|
|ASM (Aktueller Software Markt)||ZX Spectrum||Sep, 1988||5.8 out of 12||48|
|The Games Machine (UK)||Atari ST||Jan, 1989||38 out of 100||38|
|Power Play||Amstrad CPC||Nov, 1988||33 out of 100||33|
|The Games Machine (UK)||Commodore 64||Jan, 1989||19 out of 100||19|
|Power Play||Commodore 64||Nov, 1988||16 out of 100||16|
There are currently no topics for this game.
1001 Video GamesThe Arcade version of 1943 appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
Related Web Sites
- Video review of NES accessories (WARNING: Laguage) (The Angry Video Game Nerd, James Rolfe, reviews some NES accessories and some associated games, including the Roll & Rocker and 1943: The Battle of Midway on NES.)
- Wikipedia: 1943: The Battle of Midway (article in the open encyclopedia about the game)