DescriptionThe sequel to 1942, which is still a vertically scrolling shooter, has the player once again fighting over the clouds during the second world war, this time in an intense battle just off the coast of Midway islands.
Updates to the gameplay include an energy bar, which can be run down by either being hit from incoming fire or using a special weapon. The energy bar can be replenished by picking up power-ups, while special weapons (lightning, cyclones and waves) can knock down all fighters on the screen at the time.
- "1943 ミッドウェイ海戦" -- Japanese spelling
- "1943: The Battle of Valhalla" -- Japanese NES title
- "1943: Midway Kaisen" -- Japanese title
Part of the Following Groups
- 194x series
- Aircraft: P-38 Lightning
- Genre: Scrolling shoot 'em up
- Historical conflict: World War II
|Basic but addictive.||NES||RussS (781)|
|HonestGamers||NES||Apr 26, 2008||9 out of 10||90|
|Retro4Ever||NES||Nov 20, 2012||8 out of 10||80|
|Atari ST User||Atari ST||Jan, 1989||8 out of 10||80|
|All Game Guide||Commodore 64||1998||70|
|Your Sinclair||ZX Spectrum||Oct, 1988||7 out of 10||70|
|Commodore User||Commodore 64||Oct, 1988||7 out of 10||70|
|Power Play||Atari ST||Jan, 1989||68 out of 100||68|
|Computer and Video Games (CVG)||ZX Spectrum||Oct, 1988||6 out of 10||60|
|Crash!||ZX Spectrum||Oct, 1988||46 out of 100||46|
|Génération 4||Atari ST||Dec, 1988||46 out of 100||46|
There are currently no topics for this game.
1001 Video GamesThe Arcade version of 1943 appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
Related Web Sites
- Video review of NES accessories (WARNING: Laguage) (The Angry Video Game Nerd, James Rolfe, reviews some NES accessories and some associated games, including the Roll & Rocker and 1943: The Battle of Midway on NES.)