DescriptionA real-time strategy/action game from Hothouse Creations which put you into a post-apocalyptic world plagued by a deadly virus and an even more deadly alien threat, The Brood. You will take command of an elite squad of eight bio-mechanically enhanced super agents with other more "earthly" comrades to battle The Brood and their followers, The Faithful, to save the world from a dreadful future...
The main goal of the game is to defend the most important areas of the world. A map gives an overview and shows every part of the world which is endangered - clicking on such a point starts the mission. This part of the game is in real-time which means you sometimes have to wait until something happens. These are randomly generated which includes the goals, e.g. killing all enemies, defusing bombs or evacuating humans. For every mission you choose four of your team members which have special abilities, e.g. healing or invisibility. You also choose weapons and other gear for every team member.
The gameplay of the missions itself is very similar to X-COM: UFO Defensive, just in real-time. You indirectly move your team over the map, give them tactical orders, e.g. to knee, to use barrage or to pursue enemies. The game can also be paused at any time to give orders. After a mission is completed you receive experience points which can be used to improve your team member's stats. All new weapons found during the mission are automatically researched by the lab.
There are no promo images for this game
- "Abomination: The Nemesis Project" -- European title
- "Abomination: O Projeto Nêmesis" -- Brazilian title
- "Abomination: Action Strategy Mayhem" -- Tag-lined title
- "Abomination: Ação, Estratégia e Medo" -- Alternate Brazilian title
Part of the Following Groups
|PC Gamer Brasil||Feb, 2000||91 out of 100||91|
|GameSpy||Dec 06, 1999||79 out of 100||79|
|PC Player (Germany)||Nov, 1999||75 out of 100||75|
|Gameplay (Benelux)||Nov 29, 1999||75 out of 100||75|
|Adrenaline Vault, The (AVault)||Jan 20, 2000||70|
|GamePro (US)||Nov 24, 2000||3.5 out of 5||70|
|GameSpot||Dec 16, 1999||6.5 out of 10||65|
|GameStar (Germany)||Oct, 1999||63 out of 100||63|
|ESC Magazine||Dec 15, 1999||6 out of 10||60|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Mar, 2000||40|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Abomination (official website)
- Abominable Horizon (The first and foremost unofficial fan site dedicated to the absolutely brilliant computer real-time strategy/action game, Abomination : The Nemesis Project. Lots of infos, tactics, and more...)
- Wikipedia: Abomination (Article about the game in the open encyclopedia)