DescriptionIn this Infocom Graphic Interactive Fiction, you play the role of Arthur in search of the Excalibur sword, stolen by the evil King Lot. To aid you in your quest, you are assisted by Merlin who grants you the power to transform yourself into a variety of animals.
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
The Press Says
|Zzap!||Oct, 1989||94 out of 100||94|
|The Games Machine (UK)||Oct, 1989||92 out of 100||92|
|Computer and Video Games (CVG)||Oct, 1989||91 out of 100||91|
|Amiga Format||Oct, 1989||89 out of 100||89|
|ACE (Advanced Computer Entertainment)||Sep, 1989||880 out of 1000||88|
|CU Amiga||Sep, 1989||83 out of 100||83|
|Amiga Computing||Nov, 1989||83 out of 100||83|
|ASM (Aktueller Software Markt)||Sep, 1989||7.8 out of 12||65|
|Power Play||Sep, 1989||65 out of 100||65|
There are currently no topics for this game.
ReferencesThere are some puns and references in the game that require trying out certain things:
- When typing "ask about bird" when speaking to the village idiot, he'll talk about Larry Bird instead.
- When visiting the kraken, typing "ask about kraken" will cause him to give a familiar Muhammad Ali quote.
- Eating food as an owl or turtle will give a message about "Purina (the animal you've turned in to)-chow".
- Typing "look at woman" when in the underground chamber.
- After killing the boar, trying to pull the tusk out of the boar's mouth.
Related Web Sites
- The Infocom Gallery (High-quality scans of the grey box package and manual of Arthur.)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.