DescriptionAnkh is a remake of the 1998 RISC OS point-and-click adventure Ankh: The Tales of Mystery. Assil, a young Egyptian architect's son, steals the key of the great pyramid in Cairo to throw a party, but once inside he accidentally knocks over some ancient urns. Struck by a death curse of a disturbed mummy, he has very little time left. At the same time, however, he receives the magical ankh, and he may be about to meet the woman of his dreams. The pharaoh is the only one who can help you, but you are just a pleb, so you need to travel through the Egyptian locale and find a way to attract his attention.
The game uses a 3D engine with a fixed camera and everything is controlled by the mouse. Upon hovering over items, the appropriate action appears: walking, running, looking, picking up, talking or using. Items are gathered in the inventory at the top of the screen. You can examine them, use them in the environment, or combine to create a new item. At certain moments, you control multiple characters and need to exchange items to solve the puzzles. The tab button brings up a list of all open quests.
Although there is no time dependency, the curse's effects become visible when the magic takes over control of Assil's body, and mystical tattoos appear progressively. The graphics and humour are reminiscent of the LucasArts adventures, and Telltale Games, with many ex-LucasArts employees aboard, took on an advisory role for the project.
There are no promo images for this game
- "Анк" -- Russian spelling
- "La malédiction du Roi Scarabée" -- French DS title
- "Ankh: La Maledizione del Re Scarabeo" -- Italian DS title
- "Ankh: Klątwa Mumii" -- Polish title
- "Ankh: il cuore di Osiride" -- Italian title
- "Ankh: Der Fluch des Skarabäenkönigs" -- German DS title
- "Ankh: Curse of the Scarab King" -- English DS title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
|PC Action||Windows||Dec 14, 2005||86 out of 100||86|
|Gamesmania.de||Windows||Oct 31, 2005||85 out of 100||85|
|Game Over Online||Windows||Oct 03, 2006||83 out of 100||83|
|Boomtown||Windows||Jan 23, 2006||8 out of 10||80|
|Worth Playing||Windows||Sep 28, 2006||7.2 out of 10||72|
|Krawall Gaming Network||Windows||Nov 03, 2005||72 out of 100||72|
|La Aventura es la Aventura||Windows||Nov 23, 2007||70 out of 100||70|
|Imperium Gier||Windows||Apr 10, 2007||6.8 out of 10||68|
|Computer and Video Games (CVG)||Windows||Feb 13, 2006||6.8 out of 10||68|
|Inside Mac Games (IMG)||Macintosh||May 01, 2007||6 out of 10||60|
There are currently no topics for this game.
- 2005 – Best German Game of the Year
- GameStar (Germany)
- 23. February, 2006 - Best German PC Game in 2005 (Readers' voting)
- PC Powerplay (Germany)
- Issue 02/2006 - #2 RPG/Adventure in 2005
- Issue 04/2006 - #3 RPG/Adventure in 2005 (Readers' Vote)
Related Web Sites
- Ancient Egypt is Good for Laughs (An Apple Games article about the Macintosh version of Ankh which provides an overview of the game and the characters within it as well as more general content, such as system information.)
- Ankh (An interview with developer DECK13 about the game on Adventure Europe)
- Ankh (Multi-lingual Official Site)
- Ankh Walkthrough (MaGtRo's solution (on Gameboomers.com))
- Hint File for Ankh (Solutions provided gradually in question and answer format designed to help you solve the game's puzzles yourself.)
- Walkthrough for Ankh (on Acorn Arcade)
Nintendo DS Credits