DescriptionAnno 1602: Creation of a New World is a real-time strategy game, set around the 17th century period of history. The game is based around colony building and resource management on a series of small islands. It includes aspects of exploration, combat, diplomacy and trade.
The focus lies more in economic aspects and production cycles than combat. The game design is noteworthy for its attempt to implement a 'progressive' AI. This should mean that the pace of the game changes in response to how quickly players act.
- "夢幻新世界" -- Taiwan title
- "Anno 1602: Tworzenie Nowego Swiata" -- Polish title
- "Anno 1602: Erschaffung einer neuen Welt" -- German title
- "Anno 1602: Creatie van een Nieuwe Wereld" -- Dutch title
- "Anno 1602: A la Conquête d'un Nouveau Monde" -- French title
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
|Level||Feb, 1999||92 out of 100||92|
|PC Action||Apr 15, 1998||88.5 out of 100||88|
|GameStar (Germany)||Apr, 1998||88 out of 100||88|
|Gameplay (Benelux)||Nov, 1998||87 out of 100||87|
|PC Joker||Apr, 1998||87 out of 100||87|
|Privat Computer PC||1999||86 out of 100||86|
|Gamesmania.de||1998||85 out of 100||85|
|Power Unlimited||Oct, 1998||8.4 out of 10||84|
|Power Play||Apr, 1998||80 out of 100||80|
|Imperium Gier||Oct 10, 2001||5 out of 10||50|
There are currently no topics for this game.
SalesBetween 1998 and 1999, Anno 1602 has won three times the Platinum-Award from the German VUD (Verband der Unterhaltungssoftware Deutschland - Entertainment Software Association Germany) for selling more then 200,000 (but less then 500,000) units in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. This totals between 600,000 and 1,500,000 units.
- GameStar (Germany)
- Issue 12/1999 - #29 in the "100 Most Important PC Games of the Nineties" ranking
- PC Player (Germany)
- Issue 01/1999 - Most Surprising Hit in 1998
- Verband der Unterhaltungssoftware Deutschland (Entertainment Software Association Germany)
- 1998/1999 - three Bronze Awards
Related Web Sites
- Charlie's "Anno 1602" HomePage (In-depth German playing tips and walkthrough. )