DescriptionIn Azrael's Tear you play a "raptor", a futuristic thief that raids ancient archaeological sites that have as yet been untouched by man for hundreds of years and are full of treasures.
Recently, due to geological disturbances, the supposed home of the Holy Grail is partially unearthed in northern Scotland. You go in to raid it of its treasures and, provided it exists, of the Holy Grail. When you enter, the entrance caves in behind you and you are stuck inside. Ah well, nothing to do but continue on to find what you came for...
The game utilizes a true 3D engine to display your surroundings, as in Quake. It's heavy on puzzles and light on combat. As you move further on into the ruins you'll encounter ghosts of the inhabitants and hints as to what happened to cause the ruins that surround you now.
- "Azrael's Tear: Search for the Holy Grail" -- UK title
- "Azrael's Tear: Auf der Suche nach dem Heiligen Gral" -- German title
- "Azrael's Tear: A la Recherche du Graal" -- French title
Part of the Following Group
|While on the surface it looks badly done, this game has a lot going for it||OceansDaughter (106)||unrated|
The Press Says
|Coming Soon Magazine||Sep 15, 1996||92 out of 100||92|
|PC Zone||Aug 13, 2001||9 out of 10||90|
|Computer Games Magazine||1996||80|
|PC Player (Germany)||Oct, 1996||80|
|Gameplay (Benelux)||Oct, 1996||77 out of 100||77|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Feb, 1997||70|
|PC Player (Denmark)||1996||68 out of 100||68|
|High Score||Oct, 1996||3 out of 5||60|
|PC Xtreme||Oct, 1996||50 out of 100||50|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|To work smoothly in XP (not too slow or fast)||6||lilalurl (778)
Jul 28, 2013
TriviaThe title music for this game was composed by Ray Shulman and the scene music was composed by Kerry Minnear, both from the revered 70’s progressive rock band Gentle Giant.
Related Web Sites
- Azrael's Tear - FAQs & Guides (on GameFAQs.com)
- Hints for Azrael's Tear (Hint file for Azrael's Tear)
- Walkthrough by Diane Griffiths (Complete Walkthrough)
- Windows XP Setup (Inferno's step-by-step guide tells you exactly how to get Azrael's Tear to play on systems with WinXP)