DescriptionBack to the Future III is a collection of four arcade games. Marty McFly and Doc Brown have traveled back through time to the year 1885 - and they're soon deep in trouble when they face "Mad Dog" Tannen's gang and have to find a way to return to the present. This game takes four scenes from the Hollywood movie Back to the Future III and turns them into arcade sequences:
- Buckboard Chase: Doc Brown goes horseback in an attempt to save Hill Valley's lovely school teacher Clara. This game of quick ducking, jumping and shooting alternates between a side-scrolling and a top-down perspective.
- Shooting Gallery: The name says it all. A classic game of aim-and-shoot, spiced up by hidden extras and bonus targets.
- Pie Throwing: Meet the Mad Dog gang. They have guns, and you have... cream pies. It's an isometric version of the shooting gallery, only with ammo. And the targets shoot back.
- The Train: Basically a side-scrolling beat-em-up on train wagons with some ducking and jumping. Get rid of the mechanics and collect speed logs to push the engine to a magic 88 mph.
- "Paluu Tulevaisuuteen 3" -- Finnish title
Part of the Following Groups
- Back to the Future licensees
- Gameplay feature: Horse Riding
- Inspiration: Movies
- Setting: Western / Old West
There are no reviews for this game.
|Your Sinclair||ZX Spectrum||Mar, 1991||82 out of 100||82|
|Zzap!||Amiga||Apr, 1991||81 out of 100||81|
|Commodore Format||Commodore 64||Apr, 1991||81 out of 100||81|
|Mean Machines||Genesis||Feb, 1992||77 out of 100||77|
|Amiga User International||Amiga||May, 1991||69 out of 100||69|
|Sega Force||Genesis||Nov, 1992||54 out of 100||54|
|Amiga Power||Amiga||May, 1991||33|
|Player One||SEGA Master System||Sep, 1992||28 out of 100||28|
|ASM (Aktueller Software Markt)||Atari ST||May, 1991||3 out of 12||25|
There are currently no topics for this game.
Genesis versionThe Genesis/Mega Drive version of the game has a very dark and muddy color palette. This wasn't done by design, though; there's actually a bug in the palette handling code which causes one-third of all color data to be lost. This means that everything is much darker than it should be, and that there's detail in the graphics that doesn't show up at all! An illustration of the bug showing how the game should look can be found here.
Related Web Sites