DescriptionA diverse arcade racing game with 16 different vehicles (not just cars, but also boats, trucks, spacecraft, and helicopters) to race. There are 24 circuits across 7 distinct terrains such as dirt, inner city and a futuristic sci-fi setting. Multiplayer games can be split-screen, modem or network based. In addition to a yoof-style soundtrack, audio commentary is on offer. The appearance of your vehicle can be customised, and the action viewed from multiple camera angles.
- "Big Red Racing: Una auténtica demencia para hasta 6 jugadores !" -- Spanish tag-lined title
- "Big Red Racing: Off-Road Mayhem for up to SIX players !" -- Tag-lined title
Part of the Following Groups
|Truly bizarre and not so great.||Windows||Tomer Gabel (4365)|
|Great for playing multiplayer online. A favorite back in the Mplayer.com days ;o)||Windows||Toastt (3)|
The Press Says
|Coming Soon Magazine||DOS||Aug 15, 1996||88 out of 100||88|
|Coming Soon Magazine||Windows||Aug 15, 1996||88 out of 100||88|
|PC Games (Germany)||DOS||Mar, 1996||78 out of 100||78|
|GameSpot||DOS||Jun 27, 1996||7.5 out of 10||75|
|GameSpot||Windows||Jun 27, 1996||7.5 out of 10||75|
|The DOS Spirit||Windows||Dec 24, 2012||4.5 out of 6||75|
|PC Player (Germany)||DOS||Mar, 1996||69 out of 100||69|
|Power Play||DOS||Mar, 1996||67 out of 100||67|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||DOS||Jul, 1996||40|
|World Village (Gamer's Zone)||Windows||1997||4 out of 5||25|
There are currently no topics for this game.
Re-releaseThe CD soundtrack is completely missing from the re-packaged version currently being sold for $9 by Sonoma MultiMedia.
Related Web Sites
- Big Red Racing Tricks and Tips (Lots of cool stuff about Big Red Racing)
- Big Red Racing | Wikipedia (Information about the game at Wikipedia.)
- IGCD Internet Game Cars Database (Game page on IGCD, a database that tries to archive vehicles found in video games.)