DescriptionCaesar II is set in the time of ancient Rome, and lets you try to be the next Caesar. You start with one province and have to build an efficient city. To do this you'll have to manage the water supply properly, make sure the city is policed well, and provide adequate education, entertainment, baths, and temples (which also hold your money and can be robbed if you don't have enough protection).
At some point, possibly more then once, you'll have to defend your province from invading tribes that don't really want you there. You also have to connect all the little villages in the province with roads and make some industry, like stone mining, grapes, etc. for which you can then create markets in your city.
When you have achieved the necessary requirements, you'll be able to start all over again in a new and more challenging province. Do well enough and you can become the new Caesar.
- "凱撒大帝Ⅱ" -- Chinese spelling (traditional)
- "凯撒大帝II" -- Chinese title (simplified)
- "Caesar II: Errichten Sie eine Stadt, Errichten Sie ein Imperium !" -- German tag-lined title
- "Caesar II: Build A City, Build An Empire!" -- Tag-lined title
- "Caesar II: Bâtissez une cité... Bâtissez un Empire !" -- French tag-lined title
Part of the Following Groups
|Venni Vinni Vicci! (or whatever)||DOS||kbmb (399)|
|PC Gamer||DOS||Jan, 1996||93 out of 100||93|
|Mac Gamer||Macintosh||1997||90 out of 100||90|
|All Game Guide||DOS||1998||90|
|Power Play||DOS||Nov, 1995||85 out of 100||85|
|PC Games (Germany)||DOS||Nov, 1995||81 out of 100||81|
|Online Gaming Review (OGR)||DOS||Jan 15, 1996||8 out of 10||80|
|Gameplay (Benelux)||DOS||Dec, 1995||76 out of 100||76|
|PC Player (Germany)||DOS||Nov, 1995||76 out of 100||76|
|Joystick (French)||DOS||Oct, 1995||71 out of 100||71|
|Génération 4||Macintosh||Jan, 1997||67|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|3.x is a crock||2||Sciere (393952)
Jul 22, 2015
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Sierra Forums (This has a forum where you can ask questions about Caesar II and get several answers in return.)