DescriptionIn this game, the player is cast into the roles of Sherlock Holmes, the greatest fictional detective of all times, and his friend and partner Dr. Watson, as they have to investigate and successfully solve three criminal cases:
- The Mummy's Curse deals with the horrifying death of three men, which were apparently murdered by an ancient mummy;
- The Mystified Murderess involves a woman who has been convicted for murdering her beloved one, but cannot seem to recall anything of what had happened to her;
- The Tin Soldier concerns the murder of an old general, whose past must be investigated in order to find the killer.
The game is notable for being one of the earliest "multimedia" titles, having been released on a CD ROM and featuring rather long (though windowed) video sequences with live actors as introductions and cutscenes, which frequently occur when the heroes investigate suspects.
There are no promo images for this game
- "Sherlock Holmes: Consulting Detective Vol. I" -- SEGA CD in-game title
Part of the Following Groups
- Fictional character: Sherlock Holmes
- Inspiration: Literature
- Live action cut-scenes
- Setting: Belle Époque
- Setting: City - London
- Sherlock Holmes: Consulting Detective series
|Interesting, at the very least.||Tomer Gabel (4678)|
|A early example of what made CD games popular||Grant McLellan (624)|
|PC Games (Germany)||May, 1993||70 out of 100||70|
|Just Adventure||Feb 18, 2003||B-||67|
|Power Play||Dec, 1992||3 out of 5||60|
|Adventure Classic Gaming||Apr 10, 2006||2 out of 5||40|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Jun, 1992||Unscored||Unscored|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaIn 1999, Infinite Ventures re-released this game on DVD, playable only on your television's DVD player with a controller.
Related Web Sites
- Video review of the system (WARNING: Language) (The Angry Video Game Nerd, James Rolfe, reviews the Sega CD and gives brief reviews of some games, including Sherlock Holmes: Consulting Detective for Sega CD.)