DescriptionIn Alfred Hitchcock Presents The Final Cut the player takes the role of the psychic private investigator Joseph Shamley, who is hired by a silent woman to solve the mystery of her uncle's mansion: This rich man is obsessed by Alfred Hitchcock's movies and is in the process of shooting his own picture. But now the whole film crew disappeared...
Being a detective game, the main goal is to find clues to puzzle together the solution of this mystery, but there are also classic combination puzzles, e.g. to open a locked door. Additionally, there are timed puzzles and platforming sequences, but those elements are in the minority. Conversations are sparse, and the majority of the game is spent in the deserted movie sets.
The movement in the game and performing all the actions and/or dialogues are keyboard-oriented. The mouse is used for the rest of the game, e.g. searching for clues in close up views after activating a hot spot or using the organizer. Through this organizer the player reaches his inventory, a diary, a map for quick traveling to the outside portions of the mansion, and the main menu. During Shamley's visions the game uses footage from Hitchcock movies.
There are no promo images for this game
- "Хичкок: Последний дубль" -- Russian spelling
- "Hitchcock: The Final Cut" -- common term
- "Hitchcock: Ostatnie Cięcie" -- Polish title
- "Alfred Hitchcock the Master of Suspense presents The Final Cut" -- UK tag-line title
- "Alfred Hitchcock presents The Final Cut" -- US tag-line title
- "Alfred Hitchcock: A última cena" -- Portuguese title
Part of the Following Groups
|Only one with the name Alfred in this game is some drunken bird.||MAT (180910)|
|Adventurearchiv||Nov 20, 2001||85 out of 100||85|
|Game Captain||Dec 17, 2001||77 out of 100||77|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Dec 13, 2001||14 out of 20||70|
|Gamesmania.de||Nov 20, 2001||65 out of 100||65|
|GameSpot||Apr 11, 2002||5.8 out of 10||58|
|PC Gamer UK||Feb, 2002||56 out of 100||56|
|GameSpy||Apr 26, 2002||55 out of 100||55|
|Stratos Group||Jul 09, 2002||2.3 out of 5||46|
|Just Adventure||Apr 08, 2002||D||25|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Hints for The Final Cut (These hints give you nudges and clues before the final solutions are provided - so the game is not spoiled for you.)