Not an American user?
DescriptionThe third game in the Gran Turismo series of racing games for PlayStation and PlayStation 2.
This time with an even more realistic driving experience. Lighting now has an effect on the game, such as buildings blocking the sunlight. There are now smoke effects caused by skidding. Now there is even heat rising from the road.
- "GT3" -- Common abbreviation
- "Gran Turismo 2000" -- Working title
Part of the Following Groups
- Automobile: AC Cobra
- Automobile: Aston Martin Vanquish
- Automobile: Audi TT
- Automobile: Dodge Viper
- Automobile: Honda NSX
- Automobile: Jaguar XJ220
- Automobile: Lister Storm
- Automobile: Lotus Elise
- Automobile: Lotus Esprit
- Automobile: Mazda 787B
- Automobile: Mazda MX-5 / Miata / Roadster
- Automobile: Mazda RX-7
- Automobile: Pagani Zonda
- Automobile: Subaru Impreza
- Automobile: Toyota Celica
- Automobile: Toyota GT-One
- Automobile: Toyota Supra
- Gran Turismo series
- PlayStation 2 Greatest Hits releases
- PlayStation 2 Platinum Range releases
The Press Says
|Cincinnati Enquirer||Aug 01, 2001||100|
|Eurogamer.net (UK)||Jul 28, 2001||10 out of 10||100|
|PSX Extreme||Jul 10, 2001||10 out of 10||100|
|GamersMark||Aug 03, 2001||10 out of 10||100|
|GamePro (US)||Jul 09, 2001||5 out of 5||100|
|Playstation Illustrated||Aug 26, 2002||97 out of 100||97|
|Gaming Age||Jul 12, 2001||A-||91|
|Bordersdown||Dec 31, 2001||8 out of 10||80|
|Game Critics||Aug 03, 2001||7.5 out of 10||75|
|The Video Game Critic||Jul 24, 2001||B-||67|
There are currently no topics for this game.
DevelopmentAlthough Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec is more advanced in the graphics department than Gran Turismo 2, GT2 featured around 500 cars and 27 tracks. GT3 has 19 tracks and around 150 cars. This was due to time constraints; the extra detail that developers went to when developing vehicles and tracks for GT3 made the scope of GT2 an unrealistic goal.
- 2001 – PS2 Racing Game of the Year
- Retro Gamer
- September 2004 (Issue #8) – #94 Best Game Of All Time (Readers' Vote)
Related Web Sites
- Gran Turismo 3 -- Sony's official portal for Gran Turismo 3.
- Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec -- Official website
- GT3Times.com -- A site for submitting your race/lap/licence/time trial best times and see how you compare to the rest of the world. No driving up against walls or off-track allowed.
- GT Planet -- Covering the World of Gran Turismo
- Racing-Line -- A lap times database. No wall-riding or off-course times are allowed, but there IS a specific hybrid section
- The House Of GT -- Online racing centre. Also the source of mk's GT3/GT Concept garage editor.
Brolin Empey (700) added Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec (PlayStation 2) on Apr 23, 2001
Nobuhide Ishibashi, Nobuo Sakai, Isao Shirai, Junichi Kobayashi, Chiharu Nakano, Michitoshi Momose, Kian Bee Ng, Masashi Fujita‑SejiDesign Director: