Not an American user?
DescriptionKing George's daughter Priscilla has been kidnapped by an evil wizard named Harlin, who holds her in his castle. The King offers half of his kingdom to anyone who would venture into the faraway mountain land, enter the castle, defeat Harlin, and bring back the princess. Only one adventurer is brave enough to accept this challenge.
The Wizard and the Princess is a text adventure with graphics. The game's environments are composed of still shots viewed from first-person perspective. The player types combinations of verbs and objects to interact with the game world, move between locations, solve puzzles, and advance the story.
The IBM PC version, entitled Adventure in Serenia, is the exact same game, with the exception of the plot introduction, which is described as a sequel to The Wizard and the Princess: Harlin uses the sands of time to undo his demise by the brave wanderer, and the player has to defeat him once again.
- "The Wizard and the Princess" -- 8-bit Title
- "Hi-Res Adventure #2: Wizard and the Princess" -- Apple II/Atari 8-bit title
- "Adventure in Serenia" -- PC Title
Part of the Following Group
|A wonderful piece of artwork, especially on the Apple II||Apple II||*Katakis* (37485)|
The Press Says
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaThe game's title in the box is just "Wizard and the Princess". But in the instruction manual and the disk itself one can read the title as "The Wizard and the Princess".
Related Web Sites
- Adventure in Serenia downloads -- Here you can download:
- The game's self-booting disk image in TELEDISK format
- TELEDISK software (needed to unpack the game)
- Game solutions
- Game map in GUEmap format
- Adventure in Serenia (PC Booter) -- You can download the PC Booter version of the game here.
- Wizard and the Princess' wikipedia page -- Here you can find all sorts of info about the game.