DescriptionIt is just a few days before the town of Blackstone's landmark mental hospital is opened as a Museum of Psychiatric History. The restoration efforts of the Blackstone Historical Society have reawakened the evil that dwells within the old building. As Oliver Metcalf, the son of the hospital's last superintendent, you have been trapped inside the walls of the Blackstone Asylum. You are compelled to explore its haunted halls, discovering its secrets and solving its mysteries. Yet your only clues to the Asylum's past are locked in the minds of its ghostly inhabitants.
The hospital witnessed many deaths in its short, but bloody history. Now you must find your son before the madness claims another victim...
- "John Sauls Blackstone Chroniken: Ein Abenteuer des Schreckens" -- German title
- "John Saul's Blackstone Chronicles: Het gesticht des doods" -- Dutch title
Part of the Following Groups
|A question of sanity||MAT (72509)|
The Press Says
|Tap-Repeatedly/Four Fat Chicks||Nov, 2002||100|
|Adventure Lantern||Oct, 2006||92 out of 100||92|
|Mystery Manor||Aug 07, 2004||9 out of 10||90|
|Power Unlimited||Apr, 1999||8.5 out of 10||85|
|Adventure Gamers||Oct 08, 2004||80|
|IGN||Jan 21, 1999||7 out of 10||70|
|Puntaeclicca.it||Feb, 2002||6.5 out of 10||65|
There are currently no topics for this game.
ExtrasSome editions of this game came with a free trade paperback of all six Blackstone Chronicle stories (a $14.95 value).
InspirationThis game is based upon six small novels written by John Saul.
ReferencesOn the patient records computer (after starting a new game, up the stairs and left), there is a record for John Saul.
Information also contributed by ClydeFrog and Itay Shahar
Related Web Sites
- Hints for Blackstone Chronicles (These hints by Robert Norton will help you solve the game.)
- Marilyn Caylor's Walkthrough (Detailed Walkthrough for Blackstone Chronicles)
- Setup instructions for Windows XP (Inferno provides step-by-step instructions on how players can make Blackstone Chronicles play in WinXP)
- Spoiler Center Solutions (Various walkthroughs for Blackstone Chronicles)