Inspired by the stories of Jules Verne, Journey to the Center of the Earth is an adventure game that features a familiar point-and-click interface and is played in 3rd person perspective.
You play Ariane, a lovely young photographer and reporter for a travel magazine. Just as her helicopter lands on a rocky ledge in Iceland's volcano region, a sudden rockslide occurs. The copter is destroyed and its pilot has vanished. Ariane is thrown clear and must somehow find help. Searching the cliff on which she landed, she discovers the entrance to an underground passage. Where does it lead? What will she find there?
Guide Ariane through the strange and enchanting lands hidden beneath the earth's crust for centuries. Meet and talk with exotic beings. Solve over 100 puzzles to help her learn the secrets of this strange land. Actions you take during the game can lead to two distinct endings.
- "Путешествие к центру Земли" -- Russian spelling
- "Voyage au Centre de la Terre" -- French title
- "Viaje al centro de la Tierra" -- Spanish title
- "Reis naar het middelpunt van de aarde" -- Dutch title
- "Podróz do Wnetrza Ziemi" -- Polish title
- "JTTCOTE" -- Common abbreviation
- "Der verborgene Kontinent" -- German title
- "Cesta do Stredu Zeme" -- Czech title
Part of the Following Groups
The Press Says
|Tap-Repeatedly/Four Fat Chicks
||Mar 31, 2004
||8.8 out of 10
||Jan 21, 2004
||4 out of 5
||Nov 10, 2003
||Feb 08, 2004
||73 out of 100
||Apr 01, 2005
||7 out of 10
||65 out of 100
||Apr 07, 2008
||Nov 30, 2003
||4 out of 10
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
This entry to the MobyGames database was contributed by Jeanne (75642)
on Oct 23, 2003.