DescriptionLord of the Rings: War of the Ring takes the highly acclaimed, much loved Fantasy story, written by J.R.R. Tolkien and converts it into a Real Time Strategy game. In it, you can choose to lead the forces of Good or the forces of Evil as each struggle to control the One Ring.
The game is split into two 10-mission campaigns, giving you the chance to take a look at some of the aspects of the LOTR storyline that weren't focused in the books. In the Good campaign, you follow Legolas, Gimli and Boromir as manage to show up in Rivendell just in time to join the Fellowship of the Ring. In the Evil campaign, you must lead the forces of Sauron, break out of Mordor and besiege the city of Minas Tirith.
Instead of being based on the movie license, the game is devoted exclusively to the books, so you will not hear the actors from the movies in the game.
You will, however, be able to control dwarves, elves, humans, trolls, orcs and huorns.The resource management is toned down with only wood and ore to worry about.
It does add a twist: you must amass 'Fate', so that you can better your heroes, making them better and better units for you to use against the opposing side.
- "指环王： 魔戒之战" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Властелин Колец: Война Кольца" -- Russian spelling
- "Zhihuan Wang: Muojie zhi Zhan" -- Chinese title
- "Wladca Pierscieni: Wojna o Pierscien" -- Polish title
- "O Senhor dos Anéis: A Guerra do Anel" -- Brazilian title
- "Le Seigneur des Anneaux: La Guerre de l'Anneau" -- French title
- "La Guerra Del Anillo" -- Spanish title
- "Der Herr der Ringe: War of the Ring - Der Ringkrieg" -- German title
Part of the Following Groups
- Fantasy Creatures: Elves
- Fantasy Creatures: Orcs
- Inspiration: Author - J. R. R. Tolkien
- Inspiration: Literature
There are no reviews for this game.
|GameStar (Germany)||Nov, 2003||83 out of 100||83|
|Armchair Empire, The||Jan 19, 2004||7.9 out of 10||79|
|PC Action||Dec 15, 2003||76 out of 100||76|
|PC Zone Benelux||Feb, 2004||73 out of 100||73|
|ActionTrip||Nov 11, 2003||70 out of 100||70|
|GameSpot||Nov 07, 2003||6.7 out of 10||67|
|GameSpy||Nov 05, 2003||60|
|GamePro (US)||Nov 04, 2003||3 out of 5||60|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Feb, 2004||60|
|Super Play (Sweden)||Jan, 2004||5 out of 10||50|
There are currently no topics for this game.
EngineThe game uses an upgraded version of the Battle Realms engine (now with shiny water, for example) which was also developed by Liquid Entertainment.
Related Web Sites
- War of the Ring (Official Website)
Creative Director :