missing cover art
DescriptionDingo is a remake of an arcade machine released in 2011 for the Sinclair Spectrum. The original arcade machine was designed by the people that brought us the 'Ultimate Play the Game' games. It maintains the gameplay of the original, but the screen orientation changes from vertical to horizontal.
Big Ted the koala is so fond of fruit that he has cultivated an enormous melon patch in the jungle. But unfortunately the patch has been invaded by a pack of evil dingoes that love nothing more than stomping on poor Ted's melons and creating a lot of havoc in the process. Big Ted has to harvest the fruit as fast as he can to save them from the invading marauders.
Big Ted has to run around the melon field to collect all the fruit to advance to the next level. Meanwhile he has to avoid the nasty dingoes who will terminate him upon contact and take away one of his three lives. Ted can defend himself by picking up fruit to throw at the Dingoes to stun them for a few seconds, but the dingoes can also pick them up and throw back at him, which can prove fatal. Thrown fruit is wasted and thus can not be used as further projectiles or to increase the score.
There are no Macintosh user screenshots for this game.
There are 36 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Dingo (official website)
- Metacritic (iOS) (For iOS: reviews; ratings; critics; trailers; additional material.)
- Program Bytes 48K: La recreativa de Ultimate Play The Game - “Dingo” (1983) (Article for the ZX Spectrum in Spanish by Neil Parsons. August 19, 2009.)
- Program Bytes 48K: ZX Spectrum - Dingo (Article for the ZX Spectrum in Spanish by Neil Parsons. November 7, 2011.)
- The International Arcade Museum (original game) (Original Dingo entry, for Arcade: extensive information about the arcade game machine.)
- The Tipshop (For ZX Spectrum/SAM: a central archive for all Spectrum and SAM games hints, tips, cheats, maps, hacks and pokes. )
- World of Spectrum (For ZX Spectrum: downloadable releases; additional material including – cassette inlay, advertisement, instructions; remakes links; player reviews; magazine references; magazine adverts.)
- ZX Spectrum Reviews (For ZX Spectrum: magazine game reviews in HTML.)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.