DescriptionThe sorcerer Merlin is not only involved in mystical but also in physical things and journeys to other dimensions. One bad day he met the wizard of the fairyland. Since the two didn't particularly like each other, it finally came to a conflict ending with the fragmentation of Merlin's magic wand. The single parts were hidden in different dimensions - and Merlin's power was lost. A millennium later a boy coincidentally finds a dimension machine on the attic of his Grandpa: The hunt for the parts of the magic wand can begin.
Master of Dimension (German title: The Fifth Dimension) is an adventure, using different elements of the genre: beside the classic point'n'click, movie passages (in the private eye dimension) à la Snatcher are offered, while switching to big screens is a style borrowed from French or Japanese productions. The latter takes place when important conversations are lead or viewing special items. Gamers realize in a "dramatic" way that this is the point players have to turn your attention to.
- "שליט המימדים: מסע ההרפתקאות המופלא" -- Hebrew Spelling
- "Shalit ha-Meimadim: Masa ha-Harpatkaot ha-Mufla" -- Israeli Title
- "Die fünfte Dimension" -- German Title
- "Die 5te Dimension" -- Informal German Title
There are no reviews for this game.
|PC Games (Germany)||Nov, 1996||71 out of 100||71|
|PC Joker||Dec, 1996||69 out of 100||69|
|Joystick (French)||Oct, 1996||69 out of 100||69|
|PC Player (Germany)||Dec, 1996||60|
|Power Play||Nov, 1996||49 out of 100||49|
There are currently no topics for this game.
DevelopmentMaster of Dimensions was created in 1985 by Oren Obstblum and friends because they were getting bored with the typical role-playing games around at the time. In their game each participant played themselves, and not some fearless fantasy hero with super powers. The places were drawn from movies, legends, etc. They called those places "dimensions", hence the game's name.
Related Web Sites
- Designer's Homepage for Master of Dimensions (The only official homepage for the game that is still alive, Eidos's game homepage is long gone. It contains Credits, Screenshots, Walkthrough and Game Music.)
- Die 5te Dimension (Komplettlösung) (Walkthrough (in German))