DescriptionThe Mystery of the Mummy was inspired by The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. The player is Sherlock Holmes in this point-and-click first-person adventure game.
Lord Montcalfe, a well-known Egyptologist, is missing and is believed by the police to have committed suicide. His daughter, Elisabeth, insists that he is still alive and calls upon her fiancé's cousin, Sherlock Holmes, to prove her theories. Arriving at the manor, Holmes finds that Lord Montcalfe was suffering from a deep paranoia. It seems he had made a terrible mistake and triggered what he believed to be a mummy's curse. Trying to shield himself and others from that curse, he had booby trapped his own home with elaborate locks, some of which were designed to kill anyone who tried to tamper with them.
Holmes investigates mostly in solitary fashion without the aid of his normal sidekick, Watson. Other people in the game appear only in the cut-scenes. Puzzles become more difficult as the story progresses. Find illusive inventory objects and read many documents for clues as you search the secret passages and elaborately decorated rooms of the Montcalfe Manor.
- "木乃伊的秘密" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Шерлок Холмс: 5 египетских статуэток" -- Russian spelling
- "Sherlock Holmes: Tajemnica Mumii" -- Polish title
- "Sherlock Holmes: Le mystère de la momie" -- French title
- "Sherlock Holmes: Il Mistero della Mummia" -- Italian title
- "Sherlock Holmes: el misterio de la momia" -- Spanish title
- "Sherlock Holmes DS: The Mystery of the Mummy" -- Nintendo DS Title (US)
- "Sherlock Holmes DS: Das Geheimnis der Mumie" -- German Nintendo DS title
- "Sherlock Holmes: Das Geheimnis der Mumie" -- German title
- "Sherlock Holmes: Curse of the Mummy" -- Working title
Part of the Following Groups
- Fictional character: Sherlock Holmes
- Frogwares' Sherlock Holmes series
- Inspiration: Literature
- Setting: Belle Époque
|Without A Clue||Windows||Terrence Bosky (5232)|
The Press Says
|Adventurespiele||Windows||May 19, 2005||80|
|Adventure Lantern||Windows||Mar, 2006||71 out of 100||71|
|Just Adventure||Windows||Jan 27, 2003||B-||67|
|IGN||Windows||Feb 12, 2003||6.5 out of 10||65|
|GameZone||Windows||Mar 05, 2003||6 out of 10||60|
|Adventure Gamers||Windows||Feb 13, 2003||50|
|4Players.de||Nintendo DS||May 08, 2009||50 out of 100||50|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Windows||Dec 09, 2002||9 out of 20||45|
|GameStar (Germany)||Windows||Jul, 2003||44 out of 100||44|
There are currently no topics for this game.
AnachronismThe nonogram (grid puzzle off the library) in Act V is an anachronism. This type of puzzle was created in 1987 by Non Ishida.
Related Web Sites
Nintendo DS Credits