DescriptionKing George's daughter Priscilla has been kidnapped by an evil wizard named Harlin, who holds her in his castle. The King offers half of his kingdom to anyone who would venture into the faraway mountain land, enter the castle, defeat Harlin, and bring back the princess. Only one adventurer is brave enough to accept this challenge.
The Wizard and the Princess is a text adventure with graphics. The game's environments are composed of still shots viewed from first-person perspective. The player types combinations of verbs and objects to interact with the game world, move between locations, solve puzzles, and advance the story.
The IBM PC version, entitled Adventure in Serenia, is the exact same game, with the exception of the plot introduction, which is described as a sequel to The Wizard and the Princess: Harlin uses the sands of time to undo his demise by the brave wanderer, and the player has to defeat him once again.
- "The Wizard and the Princess" -- 8-bit Title
- "Hi-Res Adventure #2: Wizard and the Princess" -- Apple II/Atari 8-bit title
- "Adventure in Serenia" -- PC Title
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for the PC Booter release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
The Press Says
There are no rankings for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaThe infamous sierra name of "Avis Durgan" appears in the code for this game as well.
See King's Quest trivia for more information.
Related Web Sites
- Adventure in Serenia downloads (Here you can download:
- The game's self-booting disk image in TELEDISK format
- TELEDISK software (needed to unpack the game)
- Game solutions
- Game map in GUEmap format)
- Adventure in Serenia (PC Booter) (You can download the PC Booter version of the game here.)
- Wizard and the Princess' wikipedia page (Here you can find all sorts of info about the game.)