DescriptionPerfect Dark Zero is a prequel to the Nintendo 64 game Perfect Dark, set years before the original game. Joanna Dark is not yet the perfect agent, so it's up to the player to get her there. Like the original, "Zero" is also a first person shooter with plenty of sci-fi gadgets and weaponry - some familiar, some new.
Working as a bounty hunter, she and her father Jack accidentally step on toes of shadowy corporations and reveal a global conspiracy. Changing their destinies forever, Joanna and Jack find themselves fighting for the future of the entire planet.
You can carry up to four different weapons, but bigger guns take more inventory space, meaning you can pack several pistols but only one machine gun at a time. Carrying bigger weapons also affect your running speed. There is no jump button, but the game features smart tactical options depending the scene; from a touch of a button you can take cover behind obstacles, perform athletic rolls, ... You can even disarm your opponents by grabbing their guns out of their hands.
In addition to espionage thriller single player game, there are also many multiplayer options, including four-player split-screen and cooperative play. Xbox Live adds few new ideas and twists to familiar game modes, like fully scalable environments. There is also built-in ranking system via Live.
- "完美的黑暗·零" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Wanmei de Hei'an Ling" -- Chinese title
- "PDZ" -- Common abbreviation
Part of the Following Groups
- Games made into books
- Japanese Xbox 360 game releases with full English support
- Launch title: Xbox 360 (North America)
- Middleware: FaceFX
- Perfect Dark series
- Physics Engine: Havok
- Protagonist: Female
|Excellent, well-known game that got some undeserved bashing||Stsung (53)|
|Game Shark||Dec 08, 2005||A||100|
|GameZone||Nov 23, 2005||9 out of 10||90|
|Play.tm||Jan 25, 2006||82 out of 100||82|
|XboxAchievements||Dec 10, 2007||81 out of 100||81|
|Times Online||Jan 14, 2006||80|
|PlayDevil||Sep 27, 2006||80|
|Electronic Gaming Monthly (EGM)||Feb, 2006||7.9 out of 10||79|
|TTGamer||Mar 25, 2006||7 out of 10||70|
|Game Informer Magazine||Jan, 2006||7 out of 10||70|
|JeuxActu||Dec 02, 2005||12 out of 20||60|
There are currently no topics for this game.
NovelA novel based on this game (the first in a planned trilogy), Perfect Dark: Initial Vector, was published in October 2005, written by Greg Rucka and published by Tor Books.
- 2005 – #4 Xbox 360 Game of the Year
Related Web Sites
- A slice of Rare (Developer interview on CVG (January 25, 2006) with Dale Murchie of Rare about the game, its features and the mad rush they had to actually finish the thing in time for Xbox 360's launch... )
- Perfect Dark Zero (Rare's official game marketing site.)
- Perfect Dark Zero default (Rare's official game community site.)
- X360A achievement guide (X360A's achievement guide Perfect Dark Zero.)
Lead Designer & Project Lead: