DescriptionAliens that look like giant dill pickles are about to conquer the human colony of Arcadia. Five hundred years of continuous peace led to complete disarmament, and humans find themselves unprepared for war. Only a brave lad named Dave, armed with a Salad Shooter, can face the murderous pickles. His task is to find ancient weapons and put an end to the war.
Pickle Wars is a platform game using dual parallax scrolling. Dave jumps, shoots, and climbs his way through the large levels, locating weapons and unlocking areas. The game came in a trilogy of three episodes:
- Invasion of the Pickle People (shareware)
- Escape from the Pickle Planet
- The Search for the Doomsday Machine
There are no promo images for this game
- "The Pickle Wars Trilogy" -- CD release
|Addictive, Wacky Game||Tom White (14)|
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
Appearance in id Software videoA 27-second preview of the game during its development phase appears in the video 'A Visit to id Software', filmed in November 1993. It features music not included in the final version and an alternate logo for Redwood Games (creator of the game).
Related Web Sites
- Redwood Games (official website)
- S&F Prod.'s Pickle Wars Page (Here you'll find an extracter and a sound-player for Pickle Wars.)