DescriptionThe Contra series has been a popular action game for many people. Now the original creators have come back to bring the series back to the life. It has the same feel of the other Contra games, but it has never looked anything like this before. The gameplay is the same fast 2D style, but enriched with 3D environments and effects. You can play two players simultaneously as in the past games. Wide array of weapons are available, many of the oldies, some enhanced, some new. Unlockable endings and levels give it even more replay value.
There are no PlayStation 2 user screenshots for this game.
There are no promo images for this game
- "真魂斗羅" -- Japanese spelling
- "Shin Contra" -- Japanese title
Part of the Following Group
|Hard! I love it!||Mike Fink (3)||unrated|
|GamePro (US)||Nov 25, 2002||4.5 out of 5||90|
|Game Over Online||Nov 15, 2002||86 out of 100||86|
|IGN||Oct 22, 2002||8 out of 10||80|
|Deaf Gamers||2003||7.8 out of 10||78|
|Game Revolution||Nov, 2002||B||75|
|The Next Level||Nov 18, 2002||B||75|
|Level 7||Feb 12, 2003||7 out of 10||70|
|Gamereactor (Sweden)||May 11, 2003||7 out of 10||70|
|Svenska PSW (PlayStation World)||2003||6 out of 10||60|
|The Video Game Critic||Jan 07, 2003||D-||16|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Contra Encyclopedia (Fan site dedicated to the official games in the Contra series. All versions of each game are covered. Information includes release dates, detailed game descriptions, regional differences, lots of trivia and interesting information about the games' developmental stages. There is also plenty of screenshots, links and additional resources)
- Konami: Shattered Soldier (Official website.)
- Wikipedia: Contra: Shattered Soldier (Information about Contra: Shattered Soldier at Wikipedia)
Produce & Total Directed by:
Player & Enemy Designer:
Character Design & Directed by: