DescriptionSiren is a Japanese survival horror game which takes place in a small town where almost all of the people were killed.
A siren in the small Japanese village of Hanuda suddenly turns its inhabitants into shibito, zombies bent on turning everybody else into shibito.
The player alternates gameplay between ten different characters trying to avoid the shibito. It's like a puzzle. The player has to learn the shibitos' patterns and learn to avoid getting seen, as all of the characters have very low maximum health. The player can also sightjack other characters and shibito to see from their point of view.
- "死魂曲" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Forbidden Siren" -- European title
- "サイレン" -- Japanese spelling
Part of the Following Groups
|Great, but it has some flaws.||Goteki45 (355)|
|Gamezine||Apr 14, 2004||18 out of 20||90|
|GamePro (US)||Apr 16, 2004||4.5 out of 5||90|
|Yahoo! Games||Apr 21, 2004||80|
|IGN||Apr 13, 2004||7.7 out of 10||77|
|Gamesmania.de||Apr 06, 2004||72 out of 100||72|
|Eurogamer.net (UK)||Mar 24, 2004||7 out of 10||70|
|Fragland.net||Apr 14, 2004||70 out of 100||70|
|GameSpot||Apr 26, 2004||6.7 out of 10||67|
|Entertainment Depot, The||Jul 02, 2004||6 out of 10||60|
|Game Informer Magazine||May, 2004||5.75 out of 10||58|
There are currently no topics for this game.
ControversyOn November 10, 2003, one of SCE's ads for Siren was pulled in Japan after complaints from parents. The ad featured a young girl knocking on a window from the outside, begging her parents to let her in. The view then switches to the inside and shows the terrified parents, in fear of their daughter, who is revealed to be a bloody zombie. SCE said that the fear factor made people uncomfortable.
References to the gameThe game is featured about ten seconds in the 2005 French movie Le temps qui reste (Time to Leave) by François Ozon. One of the characters is playing it casually and it has no influence on the events.
- 2004 – Most Inappropriate British Accents (PS2)
Related Web Sites
- Developer Interview (AllAboutGames interviews Keiichiro Toyama, Director and Creator of Siren, about the game. (Feb. 2004))
- Forbidden Siren (An interactive exploration of the Siren world.)
- Forbidden Siren (The official web site for the live-action Toho movie.)
- Siren (Official Website)
- Wikipedia: Siren (Information about Siren at Wikipedia)