DescriptionThe Ghost of Sparta returns in this final chapter of the God of War trilogy. Continuing right after the events of God of War II, Kratos, the fallen god and spartan warrior, finds himself riding on the back of the Titan Gaia toward Mt. Olympus. Betrayed and killed by his father and ruler of Olympus, Zeus, to give up his power, Kratos returns from the Underworld and decides that he will bring about the death of Zeus by any means necessary. Knowing that the battle against the Olympians would not be easy, he enlists the help of the Titans, the former Elder Gods overthrown by Zeus and his brothers, to help exact revenge. With nothing much to live for, Kratos will stop at nothing to bring chaos to all of Olympus.
God of War III retains much of the same form of gameplay as with the previous titles in the series. In this hack-and-slash action game with platforming and puzzle elements, the player controls the main character Kratos as he battles against many kinds of enemies. Fighting is done by pressing different button combinations which are assigned to certain moves. Finishing off an enemy is done by initiating a QTE (Quick-time Event) when the proper symbol appears above their heads. Kratos also gains some new weapons to go along with the old, including the Cestus and the Blade of Olympus.
Along with the single player story mode, the game includes various extras and modes. Finishing the game once unlocks the Chaos difficulty and also unlocks an assortment of challenges called the Challenge of Olympus. Also, videos such as "The Making of God of War III" and unlockable costumes that grant Kratos special powers can be found in the Treasure section of the game after certain requirements are met.
- "GoW3" -- Common abbreviation
- "God of War III: Remasterizado" -- Brazilian and Portuguese PlayStation 4 title
- "God of War III: Remastered" -- PlayStation 4 title
Part of the Following Groups
- Censored Japanese releases
- Gameplay feature: New Game+
- Gameplay feature: Quick Time Events / QTEs
- God of War series
- Mythology: Greek
- PlayStation 3 Greatest Hits releases
- Symphonic Orchestra: Skywalker Symphony Orchestra
There are no reviews for this game.
|ZTGameDomain||Mar, 2010||10 out of 10||100|
|411mania.com||Mar 31, 2010||9.7 out of 10||97|
|Hooked Gamers||Mar 30, 2010||9.5 out of 10||95|
|Fragland.net||Mar 26, 2010||93 out of 100||93|
|Kombo.com||Mar 23, 2010||9 out of 10||90|
|Eurogamer.net (UK)||Mar 08, 2010||9 out of 10||90|
|GameCell UK||Mar, 2010||9 out of 10||90|
|Gamernode||Mar 29, 2010||9 out of 10||90|
|games xtreme||Mar 30, 2010||9 out of 10||90|
|CanardPC||Jun 01, 2010||5 out of 10||50|
There are currently no topics for this game.
Ghost of Sparta TeaserIn the description of the "King of the Hill" trophy, there is a link to the website www.spartansstandtall.com . At first, the site only showed some light rainfall. Over time, this turned into heavier rainfall, and an image of Kratos became visible in the reflection in the water. In the end, the website revealed itself to be a teaser site for a new game in the God of War series: God of War: Ghost of Sparta.
TechnologyKen Feldman, Art Director for God of War III, mentioned that not only is the game "6-7 times bigger than anything put out on other platforms", but that it would take the power of two PlayStation 2 systems to load just the Kratos model.
- 2010 – #3 Best PS3 Game of the Year
- 2010 – Best Action-Adventure of the Year
- 2010 – Best Graphics of the Year
- 2010 – #3 Best Music of the Year
- 2010 – #3 Best Localisation of the Year
- GamePro (Germany)
- 2011 - Best Console Action-Adventure in 2010 (Readers' Voting)
- 2010 - Best Graphics, Technical (Editors' Choice)
- 2010 - Most Surprising Game to Make It Past Aussie Censors (Editors' Choice
- 2010 - Best Action Game
- Spike Video Game Awards
- 2009 - Most Anticipated Game
- 2010 - Best PS3 Game
- 2010 - Best Graphics
- 2010 - Biggest Badass (for Kratos)
Related Web Sites
- God of War III at playstation.com (playstation.com's GoW III page)
- Official site (The official site for God of War III)