missing cover art
DescriptionMidnight Club: Los Angeles is part of the Midnight Club series where this time around the player has free range of the City of Angels in a plethora of imports, tuners, American muscle cars and even motorcycles with a bevy of customizable options ranging from performance parts to appearance parts such as spoilers and rims.
The gameplay is similar to NFS: Most Wanted where players roam around the streets of L.A. and can race in illegal street events just by flashing their headlights at opposing cars. There are twelve different racing events to compete in:
- Circuit Races
- Unordered Races
- Freeway Races
- Time Trials
- Red Light Racer
- Series Races
- Wager Races
- Pinkslip Races
- Telephone Challenge
The main mode of the game is a story mode where the player takes control of a created racer, racing in an illegal racing circuit, earning money and "REP" to unlock and buy upgrades to finely tune their car. Players can also use these "REP" points to unlock and purchase more powerful cars.
There are also four different "attacks" the player can deploy during the race to either slow down opponents or completely stop them. Zone is a slow-motion option where the player can slow down time and use this to avoid oncoming traffic or police cars. Agro gives the player's car more strength with the ability to smash into opponents or completely disable them. Roar has a shock wave emanate from the player's car to push opposing cars and traffic to the side to create a path. EMP sends an electromagnetic pulse that will disable the engine of any opponent or pursuing police car.
There are no PlayStation 3 screenshots for this game.
- "Midnight Club: LA" -- Informal name
Part of the Following Groups
- Automobile: Audi A4
- Automobile: Chevrolet Camaro
- Automobile: Chevrolet Corvette
- Automobile: Dodge Challenger
- Automobile: Dodge Charger
- Automobile: Ford Focus
- Automobile: Ford GT
- Automobile: Ford Mustang
- Automobile: Lamborghini Gallardo
- Automobile: Lamborghini Miura
- Automobile: Lamborghini Murciélago
- Automobile: Mazda RX-7
- Automobile: Mazda RX-8
- Automobile: Mercedes-Benz SL-Class
- Automobile: Mitsubishi Eclipse
- Automobile: Mitsubishi GTO
- Automobile: Mitsubishi Lancer
- Automobile: Nissan Skyline
- Automobile: Pontiac Firebird
- Automobile: Saleen S7
- Automobile: Volkswagen Golf
- Automobile: Volkswagen Scirocco
- Genre: Open world driving
- Midnight Club series
- Setting: City - Los Angeles
There are no reviews for this game.
|The Video Game Critic||Nov 28, 2008||A||100|
|NZGamer||Nov 04, 2008||9 out of 10||90|
|JeuxActu||Oct 24, 2008||18 out of 20||90|
|Worth Playing||Nov 19, 2008||8.5 out of 10||85|
|IGN UK||Oct 21, 2008||8.4 out of 10||84|
|GamingExcellence||Jan 15, 2009||8.3 out of 10||83|
|Game Freaks 365||Nov, 2008||8.3 out of 10||83|
|PSX Extreme||Oct 23, 2008||8 out of 10||80|
|Video Game Talk||Nov 22, 2008||70|
|Giant Bomb||Oct, 2008||60|
There are currently no topics for this game.
1001 Video GamesMidnight Club: Los Angeles appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
Related Web Sites
- Midnight Club Los Angeles Official Site (The official site for Midnight Club Los Angeles.)
- X360A achievement guide (X360A's achievement guide for Midnight Club: Los Angeles.)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.