🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > Wing Commander IV: The Price of Freedom > How do I run this game in WinME??

Darkon on 1/19/2008 8:38 PM · Permalink · Report

I've installed this on my WinME pc and.. well.. it just won't run. It can't find the video, while it's there on the dvd... I get a few choices.. and then it simply crashes. I can't find any troubleshooting guide, so.. how do I run this game???

Sciere (930490) on 1/19/2008 9:02 PM · Permalink · Report

I don't know if it's part of the ME system, but can you make a shortcut and change the compatibility mode like in XP? You could try setting it to Win 95/98 and lower the amount of colors - that sometimes works.

St. Martyne (3648) on 1/19/2008 9:14 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Johan van Langevelde wrote--]I've installed this on my WinME pc and.. well.. it just won't run. It can't find the video, while it's there on the dvd... I get a few choices.. and then it simply crashes. I can't find any troubleshooting guide, so.. how do I run this game??? [/Q --end Johan van Langevelde wrote--]

I also had plenty of crshes while playing WC4 on XP. Then I used WCnews guide. Check it out here. However, it primarily deals with getting WC games going on Win XP, so I'm not sure if it will be of help to you.

WCNEWS is actually a good site for all things Wing Commander. If you're a fan, I highly recommend it. They've got a lot of cool content there. Including Making Of videos, bloopers and deleted scenes. Lots of mods, and well lots of other stuff too.

Darkon on 1/19/2008 9:56 PM · Permalink · Report

wow.. thanks for the quick answers! I'll check out that WCnews guide!

Slug Camargo (583) on 1/19/2008 10:24 PM · Permalink · Report

You might wanna consider getting rid of WinME as a solution too, that might be the worst OS in the history of computers.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 1/20/2008 1:58 AM · Permalink · Report

Uhhggg. I hated putting up that os. I didn't know anyone was still running it.

Darkon on 1/22/2008 7:32 PM · Permalink · Report

Took the stuff to work.. and tried it on my xp pro machine.. same result: nothing. I've tried the patches and everything.. still the same! Sometimes I get a menu, but most of the time it is black.. and then I get the message that a vob cannot be found + a dialog... that I can choose, but.. still no vobs or anything. Sound is there for the questions, but no video....:-(