DescriptionSerious Sam: The Second Encounter continues where The First Encounter left off. While on his way to Mental in the Sirian spacecraft he discovered in ancient Egypt the ship collides with something and crashes in Mesoamerica. With the ship damaged beyond repair Sam is once again trapped in hostile territory. But it seems the Sirians left a second backup spacecraft somewhere on earth.
To reach the spacecraft you have to fight your way through Mentals hordes that attack in great number and several waves across the ancient temples of Mesoamerica and Babylon to finally reach Medieval Europe where the final boss Mordekai the Summoner awaits. The game offers several new weapons like a chainsaw, flamethrower, sniper rifle, and a device called the Serious Bomb that will kill all enemies in a certain radius. New enemies include Cucurbito the Pumpkin a creature wielding a chainsaw, Zorg mercenary and commanders armed with rifles, large creatures called Zumb'uls wielding a twin rocked launcher and Fiendian Reptiloid Demons that attacks with fire balls from a great distance.
In 2010 the game received a HD remake.
- "英雄萨姆：第二次遭遇" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Крутой Сэм: Второе Пришествие" -- Russian spelling
- "Yingxiong Samu: Er Ci Chu Ji" -- Chinese title
- "Serious Sam: המפגש השני" -- Hebrew spelling
- "Serious Sam: Second contact" -- French title
- "Serious Sam: O Segundo Confronto" -- Brazilian title
- "Serious Sam: Drugie starcie" -- Polish title
- "Serious Sam Classic: The Second Encounter" -- Steam title
- "Serious Sam: 2nd Encounter" -- Informal title
- "Serious Sam 2" -- Informal title
- "シリアスサム セカンドエンカウンター" -- Japanese spelling
Part of the Following Groups
- 3D Engine: Serious Engine
- Game Feature: In-game Screenshot Capture
- Gameplay feature: Chainsaws
- Gameplay feature: Recordable replays
- Serious Sam series
|UOL Jogos||Oct 30, 2002||100|
|GameSpot||Feb 05, 2002||9.1 out of 10||91|
|GameZone||Feb 15, 2002||9 out of 10||90|
|Game Informer Magazine||Mar, 2002||8.75 out of 10||88|
|4Players.de||Feb 20, 2002||86 out of 100||86|
|GameStar (Germany)||Jan, 2002||84 out of 100||84|
|Gamereactor (Denmark)||Feb 05, 2002||8 out of 10||80|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Apr, 2002||80|
|Joystick (French)||Feb, 2002||79 out of 100||79|
|Peliplaneetta.net||Feb 02, 2002||72 out of 100||72|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaCroteam is indeed caring about the fans of their Serious Sam games. If you look deep in the credits, you can see the names (or actually, nicknames) of the most active members of the Seriously forum (http://dynamic3.gamespy.com/~serioussam/forums).
A few of them were even awarded one of the most wanted prizes in the entire world: a secret room with their pictures. Look for it on a side of the temple, in the first level.
Related Web Sites
- Official website (Official website)