DescriptionSerious Sam: The Second Encounter continues where The First Encounter left off. While on his way to Mental in the Sirian spacecraft he discovered in ancient Egypt the ship collides with something and crashes in Mesoamerica. With the ship damaged beyond repair Sam is once again trapped in hostile territory. But it seems the Sirians left a second backup spacecraft somewhere on earth.
To reach the spacecraft you have to fight your way through Mentals hordes that attack in great number and several waves across the ancient temples of Mesoamerica and Babylon to finally reach Medieval Europe where the final boss Mordekai the Summoner awaits. The game offers several new weapons like a chainsaw, flamethrower, sniper rifle, and a device called the Serious Bomb that will kill all enemies in a certain radius. New enemies include Cucurbito the Pumpkin a creature wielding a chainsaw, Zorg mercenary and commanders armed with rifles, large creatures called Zumb'uls wielding a twin rocked launcher and Fiendian Reptiloid Demons that attacks with fire balls from a great distance.
In 2010 the game received a HD remake.
- "英雄萨姆：第二次遭遇" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Крутой Сэм: Второе Пришествие" -- Russian spelling
- "Yingxiong Samu: Er Ci Chu Ji" -- Chinese title
- "Serious Sam: המפגש השני" -- Hebrew spelling
- "Serious Sam: Second contact" -- French title
- "Serious Sam: O Segundo Confronto" -- Brazilian title
- "Serious Sam: Drugie starcie" -- Polish title
- "Serious Sam Classic: The Second Encounter" -- Steam title
- "Serious Sam: 2nd Encounter" -- Informal title
- "Serious Sam 2" -- Informal title
- "シリアスサム セカンドエンカウンター" -- Japanese spelling
Part of the Following Groups
|UOL Jogos||Oct 30, 2002||100|
|GameSpot||Feb 05, 2002||9.1 out of 10||91|
|Play.tm||Jan 10, 2002||90 out of 100||90|
|GameSpy||Feb 10, 2002||82 out of 100||82|
|Gamereactor (Denmark)||Feb 05, 2002||8 out of 10||80|
|Gamekult||Jan 28, 2002||8 out of 10||80|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Apr, 2002||80|
|PC Gamer UK||Feb, 2002||78 out of 100||78|
|PC Games (Germany)||Jan, 2002||73 out of 100||73|
|Peliplaneetta.net||Feb 02, 2002||72 out of 100||72|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaOn the level "The Citadel" we see a Family Portrait after an elevator. What we actually see is a portrait of the Croteam crew.
Related Web Sites
- Official website (Official website)