DescriptionSherlock Holmes, with the help of Dr. John H. Watson, investigates strange disappearances in relation to the activity of a secret cult of Cthulhu.
Unlike the fixed third-person perspective of the previous Frogwares title Sherlock Holmes: Secret of the Silver Earring, The Awakened's gameplay takes place in an entirely real-time 3D landscape and from a first-person perspective, losing the pre-rendered backgrounds of its predecessor.
Although the game has adopted the view popularized by the first-person shooter genre, it retains the point-and-click aspect of most adventure games, giving the player the ability to complete the game using the mouse alone.
- "Шерлок Холмс и секрет Ктулху" -- Russian spelling
- "Sherlock Holmes: Przebudzenie" -- Polish title
- "Sherlock Holmes: Procitnutí" -- Czech title
- "Sherlock Holmes: La nuit des sacrifiés" -- French title
- "Sherlock Holmes: La Aventura" -- Spanish title
- "Sherlock Holmes: Die Spur der Erwachten" -- German title
- "Sherlock Holmes: Curse of the Forgotten God" -- Working title
- "Sherlock Holmes 3" -- Informal name
Part of the Following Groups
- Fictional character: Sherlock Holmes
- Frogwares' Sherlock Holmes series
- Inspiration: Author - H. P. Lovecraft
- Inspiration: Literature
- Physics Engine: PhysX
- Setting: Belle Époque
|Not bad, not much related to Sherlock Holmes or the Cult of Cthulhu||Windows||thud (88)|
The Press Says
|Adventure Classic Gaming||Windows||May 01, 2008||100|
|Just Adventure||Windows||Feb 20, 2007||B||75|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Windows||Dec 05, 2006||14 out of 20||70|
|Game Revolution||Windows||Jun 29, 2007||B-||67|
|Gamesmania||Windows||Dec 14, 2006||67 out of 100||67|
|PC Action||Windows||Feb, 2007||67 out of 100||67|
|PC Games (Germany)||Windows||Nov 30, 2006||67 out of 100||67|
|GameStar (Germany)||Windows||Nov, 2006||64 out of 100||64|
|Just Adventure||Windows||Nov 14, 2007||C||50|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaTwo years after the initial game, an enhanced remastered edition was released.
Related Web Sites