DescriptionSid Meier's Gettysburg recreates the key battle of the American Civil War in real-time, over the exact terrain the soldiers faced. You can take control of the forces of either side, in either real or simulated situations.
You must direct them into strategically advantageous positions, bearing line-of-sight and fog-of-war considerations in mind. Select the right formation for the situation from a large number of plans. The speed of the game can be altered depending on how busy things are.
There are no promo images for this game
- "南北大战乱世情" -- Chinese spelling (Simplified)
- "Sid Meier's Civil War" -- Working title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
|GameSpot||Oct 30, 1997||9.3 out of 10||93|
|Electric Games||1997||92 out of 100||92|
|PC Jeux||Oct, 1997||91 out of 100||91|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Jan, 1998||90|
|PC Zone||Aug 13, 2001||9 out of 10||90|
|Gamezilla||1997||90 out of 100||90|
|Svenska PC Gamer||Dec, 1997||82 out of 100||82|
|PC Player (Germany)||Nov, 1997||80|
|PC Joker||Dec, 1997||77 out of 100||77|
|GameStar (Germany)||Nov, 1997||68 out of 100||68|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaSid Meier's Gettysburg has won the following awards:
- Wargame of the Year, 1997, Computer Gaming World magazine
- Wargame of the Year, 1997, Computer Games and Strategy Plus magazine
- Wargame of the Year, 1997, Gamespot
- Wargame of the Year, 1997, Gaming Nexus
- Editor's Choice, 1997, PC Gamer
- Reader's Choice, 1997, Online Game Review