DescriptionTonka Firefighter is a single-player collection of mini-games for children. The game takes the player to the Fire department in Tonkaland where the building serves as the menu screen. In addition to the Job List and Back buttons in the lower right and left corners there are five hotspots on this screen, the office and four vehicles. There are two mini-games per vehicle and a Fireworks mini game making nine games in all. The player can jump to one of the mini-games via the Job List button or they can click on a vehicle and drive to its activity. Each game is starts and ends with a short animation featuring Tonka Joe and they all have three difficulty settings. The player gets a certificate whenever they complete a level and a Fire Chief certificate when they complete all games at level three.
- The Fire Station Office: here the player can view their certificates which, along with pictures that can be coloured, can be printed.
- The Ladder Truck: the two games here are the Tool Factory Fire and Rescue Training. In the first game the player directs the jet of water through windows to put out a fire, not all windows have fires behind them so the player has to follow instructions carefully. In the Rescue Training game the player has to position the ladder correctly so that firemen can escape from the building. The controls for this game are the same as the controls for the Fire Copter.
- The Pumper Trick: there are two Whack-A-Mole style mini-games here - the Warehouse Fire mini-game and the Park Powerwash game. In both the player positions the mouse cursor over the target, they know they've done it right because the cursor turns red, and the hold the mouse key down until the fire is out, or the area is clean, depending on the game.
- The Fire Copter: the games here are Copter Kitten Rescue and Volcano Chopper Patrol. Copter Kitten Rescue sees a ship loaded with cute fluffy kittens sinking in the harbour. The player must position the helicopter's rescue basket by the portholes so that the kittens can jump into it. In Volcano Chopper Patrol the player looks for fires started by lava on the mountainside and douses the flames by firing barrels of water at it.
- The Fire Dozer: the Forest Firebreak game has the player driving the 'dozer felling dead trees and stopping the lava from the volcano before it can destroy Tonka forest. The level one game has a limited number of dead trees to fell, level two has more trees and a few rocks, level three has lots of trees and lots of obstacles. The Beach Bulldozer game is similar to the Firebreak game. This time it is beach bonfires that have got out of control and must be ploughed over, as before the number of fires and obstacles increases with the difficulty level.
- Fireworks Celebration: the player gets to operate the fireworks machine in which they can change the colour, shape and sound of the fireworks.
There are no promo images for this game
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
|Common Sense Media||Jun 11, 2004||80|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Head Of Operations:
European Marketing Senior VP:
Special Thanks to: