DescriptionTony Hawk returns with an all new line-up of skaters, an all new line-up of parks to crash through, and a whole new level of graphics.
The line-up of street and vert riders include Elissa Steamer, Jamie Thomas, Steve Caballero, Rune Glifberg, Geoff Rowley, Andrew Reynolds, Rodney Mullen, Eric Koston, Chad Muska, Bucky Lasek and Bam Margera from MTV's Jackass (and Tony Hawk, of course).
The create a skater mode returns, allowing for even further levels of options for your character, like adding glasses and tatoos to changing the colour of the knee and elbow pads or even the hair.
And the levels themselves that you must skate through are now more interactive, with cars and humans blocking paths and making noise as you race around to make as many points as possible. Use items around the streets or the park to jump from or over to increase your score, and pull of as many wild and wacky tricks as you can.
There are no promo images for this game
- "托尼霍克职业滑板3" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "THPS3" -- Informal abbreviation
Part of the Following Groups
- Activision O2 brand games
- Graphics Engine: RenderWare
- Licensed Title: Athletes
- PlayStation 2 Greatest Hits releases
- PlayStation 2 Platinum Range releases
- PlayStation Platinum Range releases
- Setting: City - Rio de Janeiro
- Tony Hawk skateboarding series
|Best skateboard game EVER!||PlayStation 2||Matt Ogles (15)|
|Quite possibly the best PS2 game yet.||PlayStation 2||JPaterson (9101)|
|It's fast, it's fun - it's Tony Hawk!||Windows||phlux (4142)|
|Extreme Fun Addictive||Windows||Cabeza2000 (692)|
|Game Vortex||Xbox||2002||95 out of 100||95|
|Gamer 2.0||PlayStation 2||Aug 17, 2004||9.2 out of 10||92|
|GameSpot (Belgium/Netherlands)||Windows||Apr 12, 2002||91 out of 100||91|
|TotalVideoGames (TVG)||PlayStation 2||Nov 30, 2001||9 out of 10||90|
|Play.tm||Xbox||Apr 05, 2002||90 out of 100||90|
|Gamesmania.de||Xbox||May 29, 2002||89 out of 100||89|
|Gameplay (Benelux)||Windows||May, 2002||88 out of 100||88|
|GameZone||Windows||Apr 25, 2002||8.5 out of 10||85|
|Macworld||Macintosh||Jul 01, 2003||50|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|Dreamcast question.||2||Daniel Saner (2955)
Jun 18, 2013
|Xbox 360 compatibility||4||Lane Denson (3)
Sep 24, 2007
Nintendo 64 versionThe N64 version was the last American release for the system.
ReferencesDark Lord of the Sith himself, Darth Maul, is a secret character in Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3. LucasArts officially licensed the character to Activision for the game. Activision, you might remember, published Star Wars: Demolition.
- In Tony Hawk's movie, when he does the 900 you can see a UFO in the background.
- In Rodney Mullen's movie, when he does the truckstand near those people in deckchairs if you look closely you will see that the people are actually aliens.
Version differencesThe PC and Xbox versions contain exclusive unlockable content. The Xbox has an skeleton named bones and an oil rig level (which was latter retooled and used in Tony Hawk's American Wasteland). The PC has Doomguy as a playable skater.
- 2001 – PS2 Sports Game of the Year
- 2001 – GameCube Sports Game of the Year
- 2001 – Best Online Multiplayer Game of the Year (PlayStation 2 version)
- 2002 – PC Sports Game of the Year (Readers' Choice)
Related Web Sites
- IMG Preview (Oct, 2002) (Inside Mac Games' preview of Pro Skater3.)
- Official website (Official website)
- Planet Tony Hawk (Probably the best THPS fan site on the net. With everything you could possibly want to know about the game, add ons and more.)
- Wikipedia: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 (Information about Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 at Wikipedia)
In alphabetical order: