DescriptionMarcus Reed is a gangster turned cop who is out to clean the streets of New York. Marcus joins the Organized Crime Division of the NYPD with the intent to rid the city of crime and violence. Hoping to make a name for himself after his mentor is shot down, Marcus goes after the top crime syndicates of the city.
Besides having to do this, Marcus is a street-level cop. He is responsible for anything from stopping street fights to stopping gang wars to defusing bombs! Not only this, he can frisk people on the street for contraband, can do trunk searches on cars, as well as issue tickets to speeders.
But if Marcus is gonna do all those things, hes gonna do it his way. Need some cash? Marcus isn't opposed to a bit of extortion from the local pharmacy. Need some a way to stabilize your career after that rampage last week? Plant some evidence on a guy and bring him in. No one will know. Pistols not cutting it for you? The gun stores sell police officers anything, from M4's to flamethrowers to RPGs.
With the city of New York at your fingertips, and nearly every building accessible to you, how will you rule? Will you be a shining beacon of morals, or a shady figure in the underworld of NY. The choice is up to you.
- "真实犯罪：纽约城" -- Chinese title (simplified)
Part of the Following Groups
- BPjS / BPjM indexed games
- Genre: Open world / Free-roaming / Sandbox action and driving
- PlayStation 2 Platinum Range releases
- Protagonist: Black
- Setting: City - New York
- Theme: Law enforcement
- True Crime series
|Two steps forward, two steps back||Xbox||kvn8907 (180)|
|This Game Is Good Clean Fun, Well Maybe Not Clean.||Xbox||Classic Nigel (150)|
|PGNx Media||GameCube||Nov 25, 2005||8.9 out of 10||89|
|GamersMark||Xbox||Dec 07, 2005||8.3 out of 10||83|
|IGN||GameCube||Nov 16, 2005||7.8 out of 10||78|
|GamingExcellence||Xbox||Jun 13, 2006||7.4 out of 10||74|
|GameZone||PlayStation 2||Dec 08, 2005||6.9 out of 10||69|
|4Players.de||Xbox||Dec 24, 2005||56 out of 100||56|
|PlayFrance||PlayStation 2||Dec 20, 2005||5.5 out of 10||55|
|GameSpot||Windows||Mar 31, 2006||5.2 out of 10||52|
|Jeuxvideo.com||GameCube||Nov 29, 2005||9 out of 20||45|
|Computer Games Magazine||PlayStation 2||Dec 13, 2005||D+||33|
There are currently no topics for this game.
German versionThere are a number of changes in the German version:
- All blood and gore effects were removed.
- During interrogations, players can't use a gun to threaten the person begin questioned. Instead, an option to persuade them with reason was included.
- The option to brake the neck of an unsuspecting enemy from behind was removed.
- Flame throwers and molotov cocktails were removed.
- 2006 – #3 Biggest Insolence of the Year (PC version)
- 2005 – The Golden Scarab Award for Buggiest Game (PS2)
Related Web Sites
- True Crime: New York City (Official game website)